Horizons - Paul Lovatt-Cooper

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TheMusicCompany, Apr 5, 2007.

1. TheMusicCompany

TheMusicCompany Supporting Member

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for the publisher of 'Horizons' by Paul Lovatt-Cooper.

Very many thanks,

Clair

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Paul Lovatt-Cooper Hi
    Paul Lovatt-Cooper
    Clair
    Horizons - Paul Lovatt-Cooper
    thanks
  3. boneman0970

boneman0970 Member

Have you tried prima vista musikk
    I ve noticed alot of Pauls arrangements are done through them..
    Maybe worth a try
    The link below me help you in your search

www.worldofbrass.com/primavista

4. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

It will be published by PrimaVista but it's not yet available.

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Also not available yet, but soon is a recording of Helen Tyler with the Brass Band of Columbus (should be available by the English Nationals in June).

6. Veri

Veri Member

I like Paul Lovatt Cooper's Where Eagles Sing immensely. What sort of piece is Horizons?

7. sheilawinter

sheilawinter Member

Any

i'm sorry this was written for Ratby Co-Operative Brass Band and no one can play it 1yr from when they released their cd of it

But where you can buy it from when available probably Warwick Music Ltd

8. RatbyPhil

RatbyPhil Member

Hi Clair,

I'm pretty sure it is due to be released very soon. I'm sure if you were to get in touch with Paul directly he will let you know all of the details.

The piece was commissioned for the Ratby Band and Mike Fowles for our centenary year (2006), we had an agreement that we would be the only band that could play it in 2006, this agreement has now elapsed so I beleive that Paul is going to release soon as a band has already asked to play it at an upcoming major event. Tredegar also played it at the Butlins entertainment contest this year.

It's a cracking piece, the cornets and troms are stood with two cornet choirs flanking the trombones. Fanfare opening with a film music feel. Very effective and not too hard - there is a sample on the following web site

http://www.ratbyband.com/

Go to the recordings tab.

If you struggle to get any more information PM me or email and I will get contact details for Paul.

Regards