Horbury Victoria Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by fhnpt, Nov 19, 2006.

1. fhnpt

fhnpt Member

Assistant Principal Cornet and Bass Trombone Required

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Horbury Victoria Band are a Yorkshire band who will be playing in the 2nd section next year and are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Principal Cornet Player and Bass Trombone.

The band is in a village located 3 miles south west of Wakefield, West Yorkshire and we rehearse on Wednesday and Sunday evenings.

For further information either PM me or visit our website www.horburyband.net

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  2. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

Horbury Victoria Band, Principle and solo cornet required

Horbury Victoria, Yorkshire area, 2nd section require a principle cornet and solo cornet to fill a recent vacancies in the band, they have opened due to work commitments of the current players. We are a friendly, sociable foward thinking band any one who is interested can PM me and i can give them any further details they require. All students from surrounding area's welcome.

3. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

Horbury Victoria (Yorkshire Area, 2nd Section)

Would like to fill the following positions:

Musical Director
    1st and 2nd Horn
    Baritone (position open depending on what the player would prefer)

We are a friendly, welcoming and forward looking band that is currently going through a rebuilding phase. We are looking for players and M.D with the enthusiasm to help us back to our best. We are a relatively young band with lots of potential but players of all ages and experience are welcomed.

Come along to a rehershal Wednesday Evenings 19.30 - 21.30.

Anyone Interested PM on here.

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  4. Columbo

Columbo Member

Horbury Victoria Players Required

I know nobody at Horbury Victoria Subscribes yet although I have given details of how tonight and they intend to soon.

I conducted these tonight. Very good 2nd Section band with lots of potential. They require 1 Bass (not sure which yet), 1 Baritone, 1st and 2nd Horn. Based in Wakefield, great spirited band with bags of ambition. Anyone looking in that Area should consider these! PM and I can give you details of contacts there.

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  5. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

Player Requirements and Band Update

We have now recruited our new MD in the form of Jason Smith, who carries several years playing and conducting experience at the highest level. Jason has taken 2 rehearsals and already things are starting to look up! There is a fantastic, enthusiastic bandroom atmosphere and our ambitions have been re-ignited. Some great things planned here now. In order to complete our lineup, we require the following:

2 back row cornets, 1st and 2nd Horns and 2nd Baritone

Don't miss this chance to be a part of this newly invigorated 2nd Section band with great aspirations!

Contact Either Myself on Here on the Band Directly through Arnold Tattersfield
    Band Secretary

Tel: 01924 507651

6. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Playing and conducting at the highest level? ;)

7. Columbo

Columbo Member

Really Donna, you do your band an injustice if you think they are not at the highest level. You shouldn't put yourself down! LOL!

Please don't bump anymore, its frowned upon!

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Im happy to bump you any day Jason! Its my extreme pleasure!

9. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

Can we please focus on the task in hand people!!!! Anyone interested in playing with us we will be more than happy for you to come along.

10. Columbo

Columbo Member

Horbury Victoria are now putting together a sensible Concert and Contest Schedule for the coming year. This band is now 'buzzing' with enthusiasm and confidence! We would very much welcome applications for the following:

2 Back Row Cornets
    1st and 2nd Horn
    Baritone (Position to suit)

Previous players and applicants welcomed.

Please PM me or give me a call in strictest confidence (discretion assured) on 07547 707257

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet Player
    Yorkshire
    Bass Trombone Required
    Horbury Victoria Band
  12. Columbo

Columbo Member

Horbury Victoria welcome enthusiastic applications for Principal Cornet. We require someone with confidence and leadership qualities to lead this band back onto the top shelf of 2nd Section Banding. Anyone with the correct attributes should apply in strictest confidence. PM me with details or call me. Discretion assured.

Who wants it? The gauntlet is thrown!

13. Columbo

Columbo Member

Horbury are currently accepting applications for the following:

Enthusiastic Principal Cornet Player

The applicant Must Demonstrate Confidence, Flair and Ambition. You must be prepared to help build and lead this ambitious 2nd Section Band by example and be involved in its progress.

We have some exciting things planned at Horbury and would welcome applications from candidates with a desire to succeed. All ages considered.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  14. Columbo

Columbo Member

Horbury Victoria are welcoming Applications for the following positions.

Principal Cornet (Must be prepared to lead by example)
    Solo Baritone
    Tutti Cornet
    Eb Bass x 1
    Bb Bass x 1
    1st Horn
    2nd Horn

What we do have here is improving beyond belief! We have some exciting things planned at Horbury and would welcome applications from candidates with a desire to succeed. All ages considered. Only players with the drive and determination to move forward and join this friendly and ambitious 2nd section band need apply.

If you want to be recognised playing with a dynamic band then consider yourself qualified! PM or Call/Text me.

15. Columbo

Columbo Member

PRINCIPAL CORNET REQUIRED!

Having had an extremely successful recruitment drive with some great aquisitions, we are welcoming applications for the position of PRINCIPAL CORNET to lead this ambitious, enjoyable and very friendly 2nd Section Band. We have a very enthusiastic and fun loving bandroom atmosphere, yet are hard working and committed.

Confidence and Leadership Qualities are a priority, therefore, applications from players with a winning attitude need only apply please. Don't miss this opportunity to lead a very fast improving band.

PM me or contact me as below.

16. Columbo

Columbo Member

Just like to say welcome to Mollie Renshaw who has joined us on 2nd Horn. Doing a great job with us and she is enjoying the happy bandroom atmosphere. Must be worth the long journey! Excellent progress now being made with new recruits. Who wants to come and lead this ambitious 2nd Section Band?

PRINCIPAL CORNET REQUIRED!

Having had an extremely successful recruitment drive with some great aquisitions, we are welcoming applications for the position of PRINCIPAL CORNET to lead this ambitious, enjoyable and very friendly 2nd Section Band. We have a very enthusiastic and fun loving bandroom atmosphere, yet are hard working and committed.

Confidence and Leadership Qualities are a priority, therefore, applications from players with a winning attitude need only apply please. Don't miss this opportunity to lead a very fast improving band.

PM me or contact me as below.

17. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

Players wanted - Yorkshire area's 2010

Horbury Victoria Band, Yorkshire Area 2nd Section require enthusiastic players to fill the recent vacancies in the band for the up and coming Yorkshire area (and beyond if you would like)

- Solo Euphonium
    - Tutti Cornets (positions dependent on experience and preference)

Any interest from other players from other sections are greatly welcomed, Private Message me on here for further details.

18. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

PLAYERS WANTED - Yorkshire Area 2010!!!!

New Year, new player request!!

Horbury Victoria Band: Yorkshire 2nd Section are looking for players who are wanting to either play with a band at the Yorkshire area 2010 (no strings attached) or join a local friendly band looking to build and improve after a couple of hard years.

We are looking for:

Solo Euphonium
    and stong solo cornets players.

We would be happy to hear from anyone who is interested!

Please contact me on here via private message.

19. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

PLAYERS REQUIRED

Horbury Victoria Band (Yorkshire 2nd Section)

Wanting a new start following the regionals, Wanting to get back in the habit after time away from banding? If this is you or you just fancy a change, Horbury Band would like to meet you.

Players from any section of the band welcome.

Please contact me directly on here for further detail.

20. Charlie Welch

Charlie Welch New Member

Horbury Requires players of all ages

Horbury Victoria Senior band requires players around the stand particularly Solo Euph and Cornets. Dropping to the 3rd section next calender year, We a based in the Wakefield area (Horbury to be precise!!) and rehearse on Tuesdays 19:30 till 21:30. We have recently recruited a very experienced conductor and we are looking forward to building for the future. Anyone interested please contact me here.

We are also on the look out for the younger ones to bulk up the training bands. We have a learner band, where you can start from scratch, an intermediate and youth band too. So if you know any youngsters who want to play in brass bands please let me know.

Thanks

21. Charlie Welch

Charlie Welch New Member

Horbury Victoria Band - Vacancies

Horbury Victoria band requires players around the stand, particularly Solo Euph and Cornets. Dropping to the 3rd section next calendar year, We a based in the Wakefield area (Horbury to be precise!!) and rehearse on Tuesdays 19:30 till 21:30. We have recently recruited Duncan Beckley as our MD and are looking forward to building for the future. Anyone interested please private message me.

We are also on the look out for the younger ones to bulk up the training bands. We have a learner band, where you can start from scratch, an intermediate and youth band too. So if you know any youngsters who want to play in brass bands please let me know.

Thanks

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet Player
    Yorkshire
    Bass Trombone Required
    Horbury Victoria Band