Hopkins Blidworth Appoint New MD

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by cherrybassett, Apr 3, 2008.

1. cherrybassett

cherrybassett Member

Hopkins Blidworth Welfare Band are pleased to announce the appointment of Kevin (Sid) Steward as Musical Director of the band. Sid brings with him a wealth of experience and knowledge and the band are looking forward to a working relationship with him.

Sid has taken over as MD after Geoff Hawley left. We would like to thank Geoff for all his hard work and the progress he has made with the band and wish him all the best for the future.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Alex and Simon Kerwin for stepping in over the last few months sometimes at very short notice. We have and still do enjoy our rehearsals with you. Thank you very much.

On behalf of the band and committee we would also like to thank all of the applications that we received and wish you all well for the future.

Thanks

Karen Cretney
    Secretary

2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Thats a great appointment :clap:

Having worked with Sid with Wigston at the back end of last year I know just how good he is. He'll work you hard but the results are there for the taking if you listen. Best of luck I hope it works out for you and Sid - and pass on my best wishes.

3. cherrybassett

cherrybassett Member

Yes certainly know you've been blowing after one of Sid's rehearsals.

Thanks

Karen

4. MrsBucket

MrsBucket Member

Agreed Karen, but isn't he ( Sid) a very understanding M.D with players problems e.g baby sitters and work commitments, he certainly gets some work done in a rehearsal regardless.

I wish Sid much success with Blidworth.

( I am quite enjoying my time with you all,)