Hoover Band Bolton

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Just Crazy, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Hoover Band are delighted with both their new conductor and the result at the North West Area.

Bolton's Hoover Band have been working solidly since Robbie Cargill's appointment in early february 2006 and are delighted that their joint efforts have paid off in a superb result at the North West Area contest at Blackpool recently.

Hoover Band missed out on qualifying by one point, but were heartened by Goff Richard's remarks and by those on a brass band web site that Hoovers opening was 'the best of the day by far' as quoted from 4barsrest.com.

Robbie's input of technical expertise, enthusiasm and dedication paid dividendly. Robbie comes from Wingates long established background and wants to encourage all forms of relations with local composers, other bands, players joined by pupils from both Turton and Smithills. Arranged by Robbie, Owen Farr's workshop during one of the sectionals inspired the band and with this sort of encouragement, Hoover will go from strength to strength.

Long may new partnerships continue.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  2. vonny

vonny Member

Jenny It's brilliant what Hoover have achieved during these past few weeks. Robbie is a great guy and I am sure he will be a valuable assest to the band. I might pop down myself sometime to a rehearsal :D I wish you and the band success in the future..

Take care

Yvonne x