Hootnenany on CD

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MRSH, Jul 4, 2013.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Does anybody know, please, if there is a CD recording of Hootnenanny (Harold L Walters) I can get hold of by next Wednesday?

My mum passed away recently and whenever she heard Hootnenanny she always said she wanted it played at her funeral.

2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

My condolences.

I couldn't find anything on CD, however if the worst came to the worst, there are a few versions on YouTube (of varying quality!); you could always rip the audio track and stick it on a CD if needs must ...
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Didn't Leyland play it at last years brass in concert and if so was there a live CD/DVD made as in previous years. If so, it might be on that
  4. Smid

Smid Member

There is a live recording on Jackfield Band Live & Kicking 1 CD if its any use to you?

PM me or text call 07532168693 if I can help.
  5. pbirch

pbirch Member

i would echo the condolences, perhaps your band could record it between now and then?
  6. flexibass

flexibass New Member

If you can get hold of Cory Band National Champions 1974 ‘Sounds of Brass Vol. 19’ (SB 319) LP it is on there
    Good Luck
  7. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

See my PM.
  8. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Thanks everybody.

John B - have replied.

9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Thank you everybody for all your help in sourcing this. I managed to get hold of the recording mentioned and must say it is one of the most lifeless, dull, unmusical, boring performances of this piece I have ever heard. I know it's not the best of pieces and it's a 1974 recording but, for goodness sake, it sounds like the whole band is asleep. And the tempos..........blimey? (am I expecting too much???????)
  10. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

it is on the Brass in Concert 2012 DVD and I must say It's the best version I ever heard. Most Bands I have heard play it, play it Badly. But The recording on the DVD is well done.
  11. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I would just like to thank everybody for the help in finding a recording. I did get one (thanks JB, very much) and did use it at my mum's funeral on Wednesday.

Also, thank you to those who have offered condolences - it is very much appreciated.

My mum always loved Hootenanny and she would have been smiling broadly as the music played at her committal.

Thank you again.