Hook Norton Brass Band, Midlands (Banbury), Unregistered

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Nick Wilson, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Nick Wilson

Nick Wilson Member

Currently looking in particular for a soprano cornet player and percussionists to join a friendly, fun, amateur band. Practices 7.30 to 9.30pm, Mondays at Banbury School, Banbury, Oxfordshire.

If you enjoy playing but do not want the stresses of a contesting band then come along. Our only contest we tend to take part in is the local Entertainments contest each year and otherwise we do the usual fetes in summer, our annual Spring, Christmas and Autumn concerts and other bits and pieces in between.

We will of course welcome any players that want to come and have a blow with us whatever brass band instrument you play.

We have also started a training band recently which meets before the main band rehearsal for those that are just learning.

If you are interested in either band then please message me.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. markyboy

markyboy Member

Hi . My best mate lives in the beautiful village of Hook Norton and I travel down there fairly often to see him .

Given a bit of notice , and if my band are not busy, I would be happy to help out any time you would like .

Pennine are quite busy over Christmas but the offer stands if I can make it .

Cheers Mark

3. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

and there is always the oppotunity of a couple of pints of Hook Norton beer!

4. Nick Wilson

Nick Wilson Member

Mark, thank you. We are however lucky that a chap from nearby Brackley band, Dave Redhead helps us out when he can. You may well know him as he is on tmp. If we get stuck though I shall definitely see what you are up to.

Subject to our website man sorting out the updates I have requested our engagement list should be on our website shortly. Please do come along and drop in to see us anyway.

Who is your mate, anyone we would know? Do they play?

5. markyboy

markyboy Member

Hi . I dont think you would know my mate, but he is a retired Trombone player now playing keyboards with a Madness tribute band called Hope and Glory !! Tut tut ........

Anyway I shall keep my eye out on the website and give you a shout .

ps My ' Friends of Hook Norton Band ' badge arrived the other week , cheers !

6. SopDep

SopDep New Member

Hi Nick - see my SopDep thread. Happy to help out when needed.