Honest Mum!! I wasn't searching for that!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ste69, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Ste69

Ste69 Member

So as brass banders I'm sure we've all looked at various bands' homepages.

Has anyone searched for "Black Dyke" and got a bit more than they bargained for???

Confess here - and give us your other "innocent" searches that yielded a bounty of filth and craziness!!!!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Black Dyke
    bounty of filth
    homepages
    various bands
    brass banders
  3. Brassy Lady

Brassy Lady Member

'Rainbow' - was working on something called the Rainbow project to do with healthcare and just needed a pretty picture for a presentation, didn't realise what else it was used for...
    Also, searching for the 'Nolan Sisters' (all I wanted was to download I'm in the Mood for Dancing) and got a wealth of sites featuring naked celebs, including Princess Di!!

4. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

I was at work and searched for Herbie Hancock on Google.

Before I knew what had happened, I was knee deep in pop-ups, manicallyclicking the mouse to get rid of tems. I informed my boss as only 2 weeks earlier I had discovered he regularly checked what was being viewed on work machines! Was highly embarrasing. The link appeared to be something about Herbie as well - honest!

Igg

5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Never search for "horn" related stuff - it just causes problems

6. Di

Di Active Member

So far so good, but can members please remember the family friendly nature of the forum when posting their "accidental" finds. ;) Thanks

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nicely reminded Di :tup

Don't tell Di but lease PM me with any good 'uns you find yeah... heheheheh ;)

8. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

It works the other way too. I wonder how many people have made dodgy searches only to be disappointed with innocent brass band related stuff.:eek:

9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Well, if you mistype "cricinfo" swapping the "i" and the "r" .... well, my tip is too avoid doing it...

Of course, there is also the early day cable TV on demand story about "I was trying to record Men In Black and got something akin to 'Deborah going to a large city in Texas' instead".

Sadly, I did manage to do just that, and it was years before I saw MiB...

10. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

WE had an management meeting in our offices in St James' on the day of the Queen mother's funeral. Our HR director thought it would be nice to allow us to pay our respects as it was just a 30 sec walk to the Mall. So, we thought, I wonder what time she will be passing - logical step to simply check it out by typing in buckingham palace dot com.
    Don't ever do that on a work PC!

11. Di B

Di B Member

One a friend told me about was scunthorpe.

Don't know how true this is though as I'm as pure as snow!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Black Dyke
    bounty of filth
    homepages
    various bands
    brass banders
  13. DFBaker

DFBaker New Member

Here in America there are two big chains of stores for sporting goods. The Sports Authority and Dicks Sporting Goods. Usually when typing an address you can guess and be correct just putting in the main part of the brand name. I did search Sports Authority first but they didn't have it. Try explaining to your wife why D____.com is on your cache! I called her right up to clarify everything straight away. She was in Key West visiting her parents and they all got quite the laugh.

14. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

When I took over the ward I now run the nurses and ancilliary staff all wore combat trousers and polo shirts . I decided to put them back into traditional nurses uniforms . Not knowing which firm to contact I typed in "nurses uniforms" into Google . How I laughed on my way to the disciplinary hearing......

15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Just typed in Black Dyke on AOL search but Black Dyke Mills Band comes up.
    I think your search enginge needs a good seeing to:biggrin:

16. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Someone once informed me that if you googled "Chinnor silver" rather than "chinnor silver band" you would get more than you bargined for! Not that i ever did!

17. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

now now ian, this is a family forum don't forget :wink:

18. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I meant a good cleaning down;
    But ;
    I like the way youre thinking

19. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Forest, only you could turn an innocent comment into filth! Good girl!

Hope you're alright mate. We need to go out boozing somewhere, maybe have another BBQ, not in the tent again though!

Jayne x

20. the fish

the fish Member

I did a typo of "4brasrest" once in error, nothing came up though....

21. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Doing an innocent image search for sweeties provided a wealth of pretty ladies with not many clothes on and not so many pictures of sugary food products....

22. dyl

dyl Active Member

I wonder how many people have stumbled upon this site while googling for PMT?