Home Networking

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nuke, May 11, 2006.

1. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

I've recently got the internet at home.

Im wanting to share the conection with a PC and a PS2. Anyone got any suggestions as to the best bits of kit you can suggest.

If cheap enough may also opt for the wireless option if I can get it to work.

Anyone done this or know anyone who has who can make some suggestions cause im flying a little bit blind.
  2. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

It all depends on where all the equipment is. Is your telephone line next to your PC or PS2. PS2 can plug into a router via a cable but not wirelessly (I may be proved wrong on that!) Pc can connect wirelessly of course, adapters are around £25 from PC world. Wireless router is around £50 pounds. You cannot connect PS2 any other way than through a router. Routers are quite easy to set up, I always use Linksys as they have a simple wizard. You will need to get a network setup disc for PS2 and configure your settings. PM me if you need any further help. I do this sort of stuff for a living. Honest!:D

Mark Gillatt
    Perc Frickley, (both flavours apparantley!)
  3. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

PS Just thought, I may have a wireless router in my boot kit that could go missing! Are you at Blackpool?
  4. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

I could possibly be i am seing if i can get a lift