Home Networking

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nuke, May 11, 2006.

1. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

I've recently got the internet at home.

Im wanting to share the conection with a PC and a PS2. Anyone got any suggestions as to the best bits of kit you can suggest.

If cheap enough may also opt for the wireless option if I can get it to work.

Anyone done this or know anyone who has who can make some suggestions cause im flying a little bit blind.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    home
    bits
    kit
    option
    Anyone
  3. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

Hi,
    It all depends on where all the equipment is. Is your telephone line next to your PC or PS2. PS2 can plug into a router via a cable but not wirelessly (I may be proved wrong on that!) Pc can connect wirelessly of course, adapters are around £25 from PC world. Wireless router is around £50 pounds. You cannot connect PS2 any other way than through a router. Routers are quite easy to set up, I always use Linksys as they have a simple wizard. You will need to get a network setup disc for PS2 and configure your settings. PM me if you need any further help. I do this sort of stuff for a living. Honest!:D

Mark Gillatt
    Perc Frickley, (both flavours apparantley!)

4. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

PS Just thought, I may have a wireless router in my boot kit that could go missing! Are you at Blackpool?

5. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

I could possibly be i am seing if i can get a lift