Home Alone...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by mark_euph, Nov 30, 2011.

1. mark_euph

mark_euph Member

Are there no brass arrangements of any of this music at all, particularly Somewhere in my Memory?

Had a wee search about, but to no avail. Lot of symphonic, orchestral and wind band music but has no one ever done a brass band arrangement?

2. Scongie

Scongie Member

Not the theme tune but we played the "ukrainian bell carol" by Philip sparke last night and several of us agreed it featured in home alone during the bit where he's in the church.

3. pbirch

pbirch Member

we are playing an arrangement of "somewhere in my memory" by Thomas Mack in the Salvation Army's American Festival Series, might be available from World of Brass

4. pbirch

pbirch Member

it is the Salvation Army American Band Journal 61, the 2008 Christmas edition

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

There's also a Stephen Tighe arrangement of Carol Of The Bells (composer Leontovitch) with Xylophone solo printed by Pennine Music

6. mark_euph

mark_euph Member

That version of the American journal is out of print. Any other way of getting it, please?

Thanks for the replies too folks, appreciated!!

7. katieeuph

katieeuph Member

Apologies for not contributing anything constructive or helpful to the thread, but just wanted to say thanks for putting me in a Christmassy mood by making me think about Home Alone- probably the best Christmas film ever!!

8. mark_euph

mark_euph Member

And there was me thinking someone had come to answer my prayers.... :redface:

No bother, Katie. Tis' the season and all that! :)

9. mark_euph

mark_euph Member

Can anyone help out??

10. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

I am currently working on an arrangement of Somewhere in my Memory. As the piece is well in copyright there will be the usual licence issues to deal with but let's see how we go.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Home Alone
    wind band music
    wee search
    brass band arrangement
    brass arrangements