Holton Maynard Ferguson Trumpet

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Kerwintootle, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Holton Maynard Ferguson Trumpet *UPDATE*

For Sale on here first before I put on ebay.

Holton Maynard Ferguson Trumpet for sale. One year old and is in mint condition.
    The trumpets rrp is GBP 2000 (haven't got a pound sign on this NZ keyboard)!

Will sell for GBP 850 +p+p together with a gig bag (one of those back pack ones purple) and a mouthpiece.

This trumpet was used on 'The Kerwin Sound' and is a very versatile instrument. It can be used in all trumpet playing be it jazz, ensemble, solo or symphonic work. The trumpet is silver plated and has been used a lot of the last year.

I am sad to see this trumpet go but whoever gets it will have a bargain and a great trumpet.

PM me for more details and shipping arrangements.

Attached Files:

2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

No trigger/ring on the 1st valve slide ??
  3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Yes there is, I can email larger photos if you like?
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  4. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Please note that I got it wrong about the first slide thingy, there is one! You'd think I would know! I played it last night and discovered there is a first slide pull! D'oh!
  5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Out of interest - is the picture attached of the trumpet that is for sale?

The trumpet in the picture doesn't appear to have a 1st slide saddle and it does have an adjustable 3rd slide ring, which is not a feature on any of the Holton Maynard Ferguson trumpets (check out http://www.gleblanc.com/instruments/query.cfm?model=ST307 for stats on the current models).

If I didn't already have a number of Bb trumpets ( 9 I think ) I would be interested in this - I have played one in the past and found it to be a very versatile trumpet - not just a great instrument for emulating Maynard - and it will go skywards!!
  6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Does it come with a convex mouthpiece for the dog whistle range [​IMG]
  7. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I've just taken another picture which shows the slides.

See below,

Attached Files:

8. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I can chuck in one of the Yahama heavy gold top mouthpieces, the lead trumpet one. 7A4
  9. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

No need, thanks anyway.

It was only idle curiosity, and surprise at the apparent absence of a 1st valve pull/trigger on a professional-level instrument that prompted me to query it. Much as I would like to own such an instrument, I'm afraid that my recent investment in a Schilke Bb has left my piggybank a liitle on the light side ...

Best of luck with the sale anyway.

10. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

11. trumpetmike

Now that is a nice looking trumpet - it still doesn't look like the one in the original attachment - oops?
  12. It does look different doesn't it........... whatever, it sounds a bargain to me - I would love to have a blow on some lead equipment. Maybe oneday............
  13. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Oops! I've just trawled through my pictures.

You're right. It's not the same trumpet.

The second trumpet shown is the Holton, the first one is a student Yamaha that we give to our students here. I'm so sorry. I was experimenting with pictures a couple of months back for my new website and when I put the Holton up for sale I presumed it was the right photo.

Well I feel silly now, sorry again.

(Hanging head in shame).
  14. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I've amended the first photo now so it shows the correct trumpet again very sorry for my stupidity.

Life would be so much easier if I wasn't so thick.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  15. trumpetmike

Alex - you may consider yourself thick when it comes to computers, but you are mean player (and that is what counts around here!) - we can forgive you!!
  16. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Aw thanks!

I was so confused as to why the slide pulls didn't show up on the first photo. D'oh!