Holmfirth Contest, Sunday 25th April

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by MattB, Apr 26, 2004.

1. MattB

MattB Member

Any chance of some results from yesterday's Holmfirth Contest?

Cheers.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    chance
    Cheers
    Holmfirth Contest
    results
    yesterday
  3. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

I was helping a band out, but not a clue bout the results, had to get off early

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

All I know is

Old Silkstone 1st
    Linthwaite last

no idea who was inbetween!!!! Will find out tonight at band and post asap. unless someone beats me to it!!

5. markyboy

markyboy Member

The results I know are;
    Section C
    Hymn tune
    1st Linthwaite
    2nd Uppermill
    Section C
    Test piece
    !st Uppermill
    2nd Linthwaite
    Section B
    Hymn tune
    1st Slaithwaite
    2nd Meltham
    Section B
    Test piece
    !st Meltham
    2nd Slaithwaite
    3rd Boarshurst
    Section A
    Test piece
    !st Old Silkstone
    The rest of Section A I dont know, perhaps someone will fill the gaps for us.
    Well done to Meltham winning their second contest in a few weeks after an absence of quite a few years.

6. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

Are we sure all these are correct? From what i heard they messed up the results at the prize giving (giving them to the wrong bands etc?!) :roll:

7. markyboy

markyboy Member

Yes they are the correct results. I believe that a mistake was made at the end of the contest regards Section B, but the proper result was given at the end of the section with Meltham in first place in the test piece and Slaithwaite second.
    I also heard Marsden were 2nd in the Section A test piece and won the Section A Hymn Tune.

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

I have been asked by Keith if I could post this question for him as he seems to be experiencing difficulties with posting just now...

'Could anybody tell me the hymns and test pieces the prize winning bands played at the Holmfirth Contest last Sunday'

Keith Stanley James Lever, composer in residence to Bestwood Black Diamonds Brass Band

9. markyboy

markyboy Member

When I can find my programme from Sunday I'll give you the info I wrote down!

Off the top of my head
    Meltham's test piece was Land of the Long White Cloud and Slaithwaite's was 'Variations on Ladaute Donimun'

Will let you know the rest asap.

10. Heppy

Heppy Member

Marden played 111 whitburn and Coventry Variations. Silkstone played Une Vie De Matelot. Hade Edge played Paganini Vari. and Holme played Coventry Variations also.