Holme Silver Band

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by VenusTromster, Aug 26, 2005.

1. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Holme Silver Band (Disposables UK Group), Present

LAST NIGHT OF THE PROMS

Holmfirth Civic Hall

Saturday 10th September, 7.30pm

Tickets £5.00 (£2.50 OAP's/Children) Available from:-

The Bridge Tavern, Holmbrige
    Or Call Jonathan on 07765 501468
    E-mail holmesilverband@aol.com

Featuring Guest Soloist Roger Webster (Principal Cornet, Black Dyke Band) and Richard Walker (Solo Trombone, Fairy FP (Music) Band).

Come and join us for wine and cheese refreshments and a good evening!

2. mr jinx

mr jinx New Member

Not sure who Richard is. Not heard of him before. Does anyone know what he will be playing? Also, what will Roger be playing?

3. B'aht a band

B'aht a band Member

Hope it all goes well Beckster, would come and join you if it weren't for the fact I'm currently ensconsed in Belfast...

Give me regards to Billy and everyone else at the band when you see them, and tell Billy that if it does go all wrong here, I'll come back and fill that lonely BBb position for him! (Also, I'll see you all at the areas next year anyways)

Andy

4. OLIVE

OLIVE New Member

I think i can help you with this one!

Richard will be playing TROMBONE, and i'm almost sure that
    Roger will be playing the CORNET.;)

p.s. Jonathan, my other half want's to know if you've transfered "The Mermaid Song" off your dictaphone to iPod yet? ;)

5. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Hi Andy, hope all is well. Shame you can't come over for the weekend for some flag waving and get away from it all (few beers as well!). You can always have a spot on bass line and will leave it open until you return (even if its years!!)

Will be a good concert, hope you all can come. Will try and get a full programme put up here if I get the time, haven't the info with me.

Hope to see you there.

6. Syrup

Syrup Member

When its done I'd like a copy please, I heard it when first done and its a classic.........

7. mr jinx

mr jinx New Member

I am hoping to make it along as we will be camping in the area at that time.A long overdue break!!!!With reference to richard i said that as i had heard fairys had a different solo trom.This was backed up in the bandsman this week when they annouced kevin gibbs was returning.By the way can i bring my dog to the concert?he is very well behaved.