Holla

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by neo_tintin, Sep 21, 2011.

1. neo_tintin

neo_tintin Member

Im martin, top man at Markham Main Coliery Band, www.mmcb.co.uk , I started when i was 8 years old at which was then the old bbs feeder band, which later became worsbrough brass.
    i was there up until about 13/14 when i joined on front row at wards brewery band, which became weaver building group and later Strata brass.
    i left them off rep at 17 and joined Old Silkstone Band in the 2nd section. had a number of years at Silkstone under Norman Law playing verious positions on the cornet section.
    i had 4 years out of playing after going from the 2nd section through to the championship section with Silkstone. istarted playin about 2 1/2 years ago with dodworth coliery on the front row playing 2nd man for a contest to which i can not remember in the 2nd section under the leadership of Eliot Darwin but left them to start my playing career as a top man.
    i wanted to learne the seat that had always aluded me and joined the newly formed Dearnevally brass unfortunatly only lasted a few months as the band was a handfull of players from surrounding bands.
    i joined Markham Main colliery Band at the turn of the year under the excellent leadership of Robert (bob) woffinden, on top man where the band continue to grow from strengh to strengh.