Holidays 2006

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by tpcornet12, Jun 5, 2006.

1. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Where are you all going on holiday?

I ask as I'm quite excited because in 12 hours I'll be on a plane to Crete for my annual 2 weeks of self abuse.

Unfortunately I'll be missing Whit Friday! Which isn't too serious as we aren't going this year but would have liked to have helped Marple Band again as we did really well when I last helped them!! I promise I'll be whistling Night Templar on Friday night, sipping B52s in Sorrentos Bar in Ag Nic, 2500 miles away from Denton. Ah well!!

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Crete is gorgeous, been there a few times and enjoyed it each time. You will love it.

This year we are thinking of doing a grand trip to the South West Coast of the USA. Flying into LA, we are looking to be based in a villa in Palm Springs, and are hoping to then travel to San Diego (for the biggest Zoo in the world), LA (for Disney World, Hollywood, Long Beach etc), Grand Canyon (water rapids rafting), Death Valley trip, maybe Las Vegas if we can manage it too!

A jam-packed 2 weeks worth eh!

3. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Not too far away from John - we're off to San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Reno then down to LA on highway 1 in an RV.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  4. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

Im one lucky boy this year. I start the summer with a week trip to paris with my school music dept, playing in the wind band and brass ensemble. Then im off to france again for two weeks camping with the family. Then for the last weekend of August Rogerstone are taking a trip to Ireland for a bit of a boozer-WHICH WILL BE GREAT! So yeh this year looks like its gunna be a good un!

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

St. Ives Bay (Hayle) in Cornwall. Love it down there. :tongue:

6. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

ooh, i'm off to Sidari in Corfu after my exams have finished with my friendies - woooo! which just happens to be the week after NYBB, so they're going to be the best 2weeks of the summer methinks! ooh, getting excited already! :D :D

7. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Just back from a week in Peurto Pollensa Mallorca here

All very pleasant indeed 80+ degrees just right to recharge the batteries for the summer schedule

Roll on October and a week in the Algarve to re-cooperate from the summer schedule

8. Lisa

Lisa Member

At work today we had Bob Marley music playing which just completely took me back to this time last year when I was in Turkey. :p

Going to probably go to Devon or Cornwall this July if the weather stays this hot. If not, then going to get a last minute flight to somewhere hot - not sure where yet!

9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I've had a week in Gran Canaria, and a week in Malta so far this year. We are also going to Las Vegas for a week in November, but don't think I'll last that long, so we are looking to go somewhere in August for a week. Either one of the Greek Islands or Canary Islands. :biggrin:

10. vonny

vonny Member

I've just returned from 2 weeks in Perth - It was truly an amazing experience!I am thinking about a short break to Rome in July.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Marple Band
    Crete
    Night Templar
    B52s
    Sorrentos Bar
  12. six pints

six pints Active Member

no holiday for me, someone has to stay home and pet-sit, and i volunteered. not because i want the house to myself for a week for a party..... ;)

13. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

Just got back from visiting my friend in Germany. I think thats my lot this year unless i win the lottery or something in which case im off to florida!

14. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I don't need to go on holiday. I live in Cornwall! :tongue: My mum and I become tourists on random days throughout the summer. Our adventures include driving to Truro and getting the boat to Falmouth or St Mawes, going to Padstow on a Sunday to listen to a band (if I'm not already playing in it!), or something a little more expensive like going to the Eden project or a similar "tourist attraction." :)

15. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm not going on holiday this summer :frown:, my little expeditions in Japan at Christmas and India at Easter have made me very, very poor so I'm going to spend the long, hot summer days stacking the shelves of Brantano - woooooooooo.

16. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

I'm also staying home this summer:( ....saving for next summer:D ...working for NTL in the customer complaints ( services) department...

17. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I'm going to be moving into my new house just after the summer holidays so i'll be spending most of it shopping. :) I'm having a cheap couple of days camping and kayaking with some fellow Geography teachers and my dad in Keswick. Then, I am off to Bromsgrove Summer school. YAY

18. im not having any holidys until september, 8th to 11th september band annual tour to france, then on 23rd september im going to Djerba a little island off tunisia for 1 week then fying down to cape town in south africa for 1 week. then in december im going to switzerland for a week.

19. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Well this year we are taking our holidays in the UK. We have already been to Wales Camping over Easter in Bala and we walked up Mount Snowdon on Easter Saturday:)

Our next holiday is in July and we off to Scotland camping which we are looking forward to and this time we are going to walk up Ben Nevis:)

Our 3rd holiday will then be in August when we are camping in Kendell!!

So it's lots of camping for us this year :clap: :clap: :clap:

However cos i'm 30 next year (April) Cornishwomble and I have just booked two weeks in Tuscany in a little town called Cortona :wow :woo

20. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

2weeks in sunny Mallorca for me.. starting next Wednesday. Yeeee haaaa

21. Hollie

Hollie Member

:eek: Soooooooo lucky!!
    I used to go there loads when I was younger, I'd love to go back this year!! Can i come in your suitcase...I'm only really really tiny!!!
    My hols this year are to Germany with our band in late august which should be gr8, apparently there is a beer festival on at the same time or something!!
    Hopefully get away down to devon when I've passed my driving test, be a laugh!!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Marple Band
    Crete
    Night Templar
    B52s
    Sorrentos Bar