Holidaying in Cornwall and looking for a Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Anthony (Scooby) Longden, Jul 31, 2006.

1. I am coming down to Cornwall on Saturday 5th August for 2 weeks (1st week in Gunnislake, 2nd week in Fowey) and was wondering if there was any Brass Bands nearby that i could possibly come and "keep my lip in" with? I currently play Bass Trombone but am free to play Euph, Baritone or Tenor Trombone. As i am flying down to Cornwall, i would not be able to bring my instrument with me so where possible, i would like to borrow a spare instrument ( idont mind if its battered, as long as it plays!). I need to keep in practice in readiness to play "A Swiss Excursion" at Pontins Contest. Anyone who has any ideas or is able to help, please leave a message on here.

Message to Mods:
    If this is in the wrong forum, i apologise and please feel free to move it to its correct place!!

Anthony Longden
    Silk Brass AstraZeneca (The Macclesfield Band)
    2nd Section (1st Section next year!)
  2. Aidan Geary

Aidan Geary New Member

Your best bet is St. Pinnock based just outside Liskeard. They do most of the functions in Looe. If you PM me, I'll do my best to get you a contact number.

I started out there many moons ago - I know all is well with them, as my folks were due to do the 'furry dance' tonight with the band leading!
  3. alanl58

alanl58 Member

You are very welcome at both Bude Metric Brass and/or St Gennys Silver Band.

A varied programme of both challenging and traditional music at either band. Guests are always welcome.

PM me for more details.

4. timbloke

timbloke Member

.. you say that now - but when you "experience" Scooby you may regret it.... :tongue:

only joking, I'm sure bands will enjoy having Scoob in for a rehearsal as much as he'll enjoy being there. Please post again in a few weeks with your tales of the rogue bass tombonophonist.
  5. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Well, it's a bit out of the way, but it's near enough and promises to be a great evening!

We're short of players down that end too (due to our principal and 2nd euph being away that night)...And we'll provide an instrument no problem!

PM me for more details if you're interested!

Please!! :rolleyes:
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Hi Scooby, come to St. Pinnock, we are doing Fowey Flora while your down , amongst other things. Don't forget our all day breakfast on the 5th. we seem to have a variety of instruments so probably find a spare to suite (nothing that a hammer won't fix!).