Holiday PAY.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Sep 1, 2007.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Hello, just after a bit of advice really,

I've had a tempory summer job in a childrens nursery for the summer- i signed an 15 week contract, in which i requested one week of holiday. Should i be entitled to holiday pay?! are there any rules on it?!

2. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Any holiday allowance (wether you get any or not) should be stated in your contract Kelly

3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Agreed - I'd be surprised if you were entitled to it though.

4. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

There's a minimum of 20 hours per annum (I think) which is again (I think) pro-rata based on a full week. Irrespective of temporary / permanent contract, you are entitled to holiday pay. You may find that either:

- you have accrued 15/52 weeks holiday pay assuming you worked full time
    - or your hourly rate included an element of holiday pay which some employment agencies tend to do

As a rough guide, you may well have acrrued 5 days leave through working 15 weeks o rbeen paid at a slightly inflated hourly rate to pay the equivalent of receiving this holiday.

Either way, it should be in the contract and if this makes no mention then take 'em to the cleaners. Or sign legal contracts ;)

5. Di B

Di B Member

Agreed, but I make it 20 days per annum, not 20 hours! ;-)

There was a law introduced a couple of years ago making holiday entitlement compulsory, but many temp jobs get around this by including holiday pay within your hourly rate. You are fully within your rights to ask for clarification from your employer though, so go for it! :)

6. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Amazing, sounds like every post up to now is in agreement lol!