Holiday in Dorset

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GER, May 24, 2018.

1. GER

GER Active Member

Hi,
    Going to Dorset (Wareham) at end of June for 2 weeks, could do with keeping lip in as busy summer schedule, so does anybody know of any brass bands in the area for me to 'have a blow' with.
    Thanks

2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

3. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

Nice place for a Holiday. Corfe Caslte is near, there’s a Steam Railway and the Coast is fine. Enjoy, but as I recall it takes ages to get anywhere down there. There are bands in Dorchester, Weymouth, Poole and Bournemouth.

Well done on going for a blow, I wish more people would visit other bands. Mrs 2T wouldn’t be very happy about me visiting whilst on holiday, and I don’t play well enough to go above 4th section - Trombone’s a bit bulky to take on hol’s too. Good luck and it would be nice to hear about how you got on.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  4. GER

GER Active Member

Thanks Tom
    Thanks 2T, we were there last year, but near the devon border so felt a bit far out, so going more central this time. Cornet player so not too bulky and going in touring caravan so will find a spare corner :):):). Tom's post very useful, there's afew bands I can ring, sure I'll get fixed up-wife OK about it, probably only do it once each week, see how it goes. Will let you know

5. GER

GER Active Member

Contact a few near where you're gonna be and take it from there :)

Thanks Tom, been in touch with Weymouth Concert Brass and welcome there, looking forward to it

Tom-King and 2nd tenor like this.
  6. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

That sounds just perfect. Hope it goes well for you and good luck to them in Cheltenham later in the year.

Perhaps, if you’re particularly ‘lucky’, you might even get to go down the Quay with them and play to a visiting Cruise Ship. What an experience that would be, almost unique .......... must rush off now as I’ve rather a lot of practice to get through and then there’s next years holiday to plan plus buying a bigger car to allow me to take my Trombone with me.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    GER likes this.
  7. GER

GER Active Member

Yes seen they play to cruise ships, as you say very different from the usual concert. Could just buy a roofrack and strap the trombone to it :):):)
    I'll let you know how I got on when I get back

8. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

Come on, your talking to a Bone player here:):):)

9. GER

GER Active Member

Just to let you know, went to their practices on Thursday of each week, was made very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed it, definitely something I would do again

Jack E and 2nd tenor like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice