Holiday Bars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, Jan 16, 2008.

1. When on holiday what do you look for in a pub/bar?

What kind of music is the most prefered to listen to?

What kind of atmosphere do you like?
  2. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

First questions is: do they have Sky/Setanta/Fox etc Sports? ;)
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

If they do, I go to the pub down the road! :tongue:

I like a pub that sells good beer and good food and has a nice atmosphere. So pretty much the same as I look for in pubs at home really! :rolleyes:
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

We think on the same lines;
    we just go for somewhere that sells real ale and a good selection of it as well.
    We went on our holidays last year and went to a pub at Topsham;
    no music,no gambling machines,just sold real ale etc,no pub food ham/cheese cobs available at lunch time only.
    {We went for the evening just over 2 hrs dont really remember coming out:oops: }
    You could sit and talk without having to shout from 1yard away to make yourself heard by the person next to you
    It was a old fashioned pub and a real lovely place to go for Real Ale spoilt for choice a beer drinkers paradise a minimum of 6 beers:clap:
    a grade ll listed building been in the same family since 1897
    Bridge Inn
    by River Clyst on Exmouth Road
    01392 873862
    A word of WARNING:If you go take the train like we did,or walk to the pub as if you area real ale drinker like myself noway will you want to drive;)
  6. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Our Hotel in Gambia had a bar right in the middle of the pool, it was ace!

At this point i feel i should that Gambia was obvioulsy a life enhancing experience not just a holiday!

It was pretty Sureal sitting beside a pool bar in t shirts in December! Not complaining tho, the beer was lush - Julbrew, if anyone see's it in England ever please let me know!

I think the most important thing has to be a cute (and funny) Bar man to flirt with! Definately makes the whole experience more interesting!

We had a Guitar one night as well, it seemed like a upper class version of Kareoke! :)
  7. Di

Di Active Member

• Sky sports
    • Karaoke
    • Live entertainment
    • Disco
    • Quiz night
    Yes, that right, we look for all of those and then ..........

if we see ANY of them, run away and look somewhere else. ;)

A night quiet country pub with a quiet corner and some nice food. :)
  8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Sounds good to me - I might see you there! :tup
  9. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

waters edge
    cold beer
    beautiful woman

and the missing item from perksy's instrument case :wink:
  10. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Thats just up the road from me! There is an even better pub in Topsham tho with the most amazing indain resturant upstairs! Mmmmmm
  11. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

A warm, open, real fire with a big comfy sofa and a glass of red with a view over rolling hills and maybe a lake too. Although with all of that it might not be classed as a bar?! More like a log cabin :redface:

If had to choose a bar it would have cool, cool guiness, live Traditional Irish music and a jolly, toe tapping atmosphere. Then I would go back to the log cabin!

Hint hint for holidays coming up D :biggrin:
  12. Bobobear

Bobobear New Member

somewhere comfortable where I can relax over a nice cool drink (if somewhere hot) but if somewhere cold (eg England in winter) I agree with flugel_fancy and want somewhere snug and warm with a big fire.
  13. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Just wanted to point put that somebody has agreed with me on something !!! :tongue:

Welcome Bobobear hope you're enjoying it here on TMP :biggrin:

14. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Good beer, peace and quiet and enough local folk to make friends with. Noisy juke box, sport on a telly, folk singing off key to an instrumental recording, I get all that at home in my local, I go on holiday to get away from it.
  15. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Big, warm open fire and locals to chat've just described my local pub!

It's a great pub.