Holiday Bars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, Jan 16, 2008.

1. When on holiday what do you look for in a pub/bar?

What kind of music is the most prefered to listen to?

What kind of atmosphere do you like?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Holiday Bars
    kind of music
    kind of atmosphere
    pub
    prefered
  3. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

First questions is: do they have Sky/Setanta/Fox etc Sports? ;)

4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

If they do, I go to the pub down the road! :tongue:

I like a pub that sells good beer and good food and has a nice atmosphere. So pretty much the same as I look for in pubs at home really! :rolleyes:

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Beer.

6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

We think on the same lines;
    we just go for somewhere that sells real ale and a good selection of it as well.
    We went on our holidays last year and went to a pub at Topsham;
    no music,no gambling machines,just sold real ale etc,no pub food ham/cheese cobs available at lunch time only.
    {We went for the evening just over 2 hrs dont really remember coming out:oops: }
    You could sit and talk without having to shout from 1yard away to make yourself heard by the person next to you
    It was a old fashioned pub and a real lovely place to go for Real Ale spoilt for choice a beer drinkers paradise a minimum of 6 beers:clap:
    a grade ll listed building been in the same family since 1897
    Bridge Inn
    Topsham
    by River Clyst on Exmouth Road
    01392 873862
    A word of WARNING:If you go take the train like we did,or walk to the pub as if you area real ale drinker like myself noway will you want to drive;)

7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Our Hotel in Gambia had a bar right in the middle of the pool, it was ace!

At this point i feel i should that Gambia was obvioulsy a life enhancing experience not just a holiday!

It was pretty Sureal sitting beside a pool bar in t shirts in December! Not complaining tho, the beer was lush - Julbrew, if anyone see's it in England ever please let me know!

I think the most important thing has to be a cute (and funny) Bar man to flirt with! Definately makes the whole experience more interesting!

We had a Guitar one night as well, it seemed like a upper class version of Kareoke! :)

8. Di

Di Active Member

• Sky sports
    • Karaoke
    • Live entertainment
    • Disco
    • Quiz night
    Yes, that right, we look for all of those and then ..........

if we see ANY of them, run away and look somewhere else. ;)

A night quiet country pub with a quiet corner and some nice food. :)

9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Sounds good to me - I might see you there! :tup

10. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Sunshine
    waters edge
    cold beer
    beautiful woman

and the missing item from perksy's instrument case :wink:

11. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Thats just up the road from me! There is an even better pub in Topsham tho with the most amazing indain resturant upstairs! Mmmmmm

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Holiday Bars
    kind of music
    kind of atmosphere
    pub
    prefered
  13. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

A warm, open, real fire with a big comfy sofa and a glass of red with a view over rolling hills and maybe a lake too. Although with all of that it might not be classed as a bar?! More like a log cabin :redface:

If had to choose a bar it would have cool, cool guiness, live Traditional Irish music and a jolly, toe tapping atmosphere. Then I would go back to the log cabin!

Hint hint for holidays coming up D :biggrin:

14. Bobobear

Bobobear New Member

somewhere comfortable where I can relax over a nice cool drink (if somewhere hot) but if somewhere cold (eg England in winter) I agree with flugel_fancy and want somewhere snug and warm with a big fire.

15. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Just wanted to point put that somebody has agreed with me on something !!! :tongue:

Welcome Bobobear hope you're enjoying it here on TMP :biggrin:

XxEMxX

16. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Good beer, peace and quiet and enough local folk to make friends with. Noisy juke box, sport on a telly, folk singing off key to an instrumental recording, I get all that at home in my local, I go on holiday to get away from it.

17. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Big, warm open fire and locals to chat to....you've just described my local pub!

It's a great pub.