Hobbins set for Marsden

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Cornishwomble, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Star soprano player heads over the Pennines to join newly promoted Marsden in time for the Regionals.

Alan Hobbins, the former soprano cornet with the Fairey Band is to move over the Pennines to join the newly promoted Marsden Silver (Riverhead Brewery) Band with immediate effect.

Alan admitted that with the demands of traveling work and childcare arrangements he was unable to commit fully to Fairey’s in the way he would have liked and that the decision to join Marsden gives him the chance to continue playing at the top level of Championship banding without losing out more on his family life.

Great deal of thanks

”I would like to thank Fairey’s for giving me the opportunity to regain my confidence as a soprano player in the past year, and I owe them a great deal of thanks. However, the commitment required to play with the band is such that it was starting to affect my family life. The opportunity to play under Glyn Williams ensures that I can give 100% now without those worries. It is a new chapter for me and I am excited to be part of what promises to be a great future with Marsden.”

Massive asset

Marsden Band Manager Philip Lamb told 4BR: "Alan's professionalism and attention to detail are some of the things that set him apart from other players. He will be a massive asset to the band."