Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Alisop, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Alisop

Alisop Member

I was wondering what other hobbies people have apart from brass bands?
    I enjoy going to scooter rallies and I also have a clinique bonus time addiction which keeps me quite busy!:rolleyes:
  2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Building web sites (links in my signature).
  3. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I like Fishing and getting drunk (obviously not at the same time....and if you can include getting drunk as a hobby?!)
  4. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Maybe you can help me then.... why do people like fishing?!? It just seems so boring to me, wheres the attraction? (not meant as an insult - curious)

I like cycling. :)
  5. el maestro

el maestro Member

I go running!
  6. ratley

ratley Member

[I also have a clinique bonus time addiction which keeps me quite busy!:rolleyes:[/quote]

Oooops, me too!!!! That and eBay......
  7. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

Exercise.... gym especially...live two mins walk away and i love it!!! I also enjoy walking in the countryside but like relaxing infront of the tv just as much :D
  8. Key2207

Key2207 Member

I agree. What is fishing all about?? I know you catch fish but why...?

I don't really have any other hobbies after band apart from shopping and other fun stuff that I can't think of at the moment!! lol!! :)
  9. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Well I did play bowls, but I dont ever seem to have time to do both :-?
  10. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

Im a big baseball freak as well as a big band geek. So I love to watch/play baseball whenever I can. I also love to watch movies..have over 150 dvds.
  11. Trog's

Trog's Member

I think the attraction with fishing is the chance to get some peace and quiet! I've tried it when I was younger and I hated it!!!!

Personally I like to go to the gym and play cricket!
  12. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

I don't understand ..... Surely banding isn't just a hobby.....?

Apart from work-related animal activities I do quite a lot of hill walking & swimming.
  13. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I'm a national basketball referee and really enjoy meeting other referee's and friends from all over the country.Also being involved with collecting teddy bears and dolls through my other half.
  14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Apart from playing and listening to various kinds of music, mine would be reading, watching TV/videos and various word puzzles. I also enjoy walking, but somewhat perversely prefer to walk in towns and cities rather than in the country!!!
  15. Jasper

Jasper Member

Golf - although not at all relaxing the way I play !! ....my other half would claim more of an obsession like my banding than a hobby!!

16. Alisop

Alisop Member

but somewhat perversely prefer to walk in towns and cities rather than in the country!!!

Isn't that called window shopping? Or perhaps even just shopping?
  17. englishgill

englishgill Member

Golf and hockey, though playing both seems to mean I do both equally badly.

Not sure the hockey fits particularly well round playing a brass instrument though as I'm a bit accident prone. Thankfully its usually only my knees and ankles that get hurt!
  18. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Real ale (often to excess)

Goes hand in hand with banding I suppose.
  19. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Possibly associated with a bit of shopping, but definitely involving a lot of building watching - there are some magnificent buildings around which we tend to take little or no notice of!
  20. madsaz

madsaz Member

I have thought about this and now I'm mildly depressed. I work a hell of a lot and when I come home I'm always reading journals, writing reports and papers etc.

I'm quite proud of manageing to have a hobby in Brass Banding. Other than that its kind of all petered out.

OK, I play on the net (a lot!!) and mess with my website. I like cooking (but haven't actually entertained for ages) and I even seem to have gone off booze.

I'm going to slink off now and get a more varied life. After my week of nights.....