Ho ho ho! And a very Merry......... September

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

wash your mouth out Dave, you bad man!

Speaking the words rehe***** and Chr****** in the same breath!!! (IN OCTOBER!!!)

3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

If you go back to archive threads, I do believe there was a post on here from someone whose band did a Christmas gig in October last year...... believe me it happens! ;)

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

actually I was talking about christmas music in the pub last night.... aaaaaaaaargggghhh it's coming!

5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Not yet, but I have looked out some from the library and I've ordered a couple of new pieces. Last year I bought two new pieces at the mineworkers in Skegness in November with a view to playing them at our Christmas concert. We got two or three rehearsals on them and decided they wouldn't be ready so they were canned. Based on this experience I think we should start rehearsing Christmas stuff this year in a couple of weeks.

6. jpbray

jpbray Member

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Asda, Tesco, here we come :D :D :D

7. jpbray

jpbray Member

Hands up all those with the little red Christmas book, yes the red one with the pretty little picture on the front.

8. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

We always start our season with a rehears*l weekend. This year, our new conductor decided that the Friday evening session would be all Christmas music.

9. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I played a christmas piece at band about two weeks ago!! Conductor is being pressed for the programme for our xmas concert!

was a bit strange- think that was because it was a god awful piece tho! (i saw mommy kissing santa clause!)-consequently, we wont be putting it in our programme!!

10. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Yep we have.. 2 weeks ago... at junior band anyway... and the college orchestra.

We have the lil red carol books!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Ho ho ho
    Merry
    numbers
    Chrimbo
    anyone
  12. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

the choirs in my school have already started rehearsing christmas music!

13. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

We've started to see a bit of Christmas music that has come our way - just to see if the music is suitable to play. We had a version of Sleigh Ride last night!!!!!

To add to this, I was rather shocked to see in my local Tescos tonight an alleyway totally devoted to Christmas stuff - I tried to avoid it but we needed to get to the tills easily and made a quick hint to my hubby that I would like my usual choccie advent calender.

14. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Terry Wogan usually has a "spot the early Christmas trees" slot on his show... maybe someone should e-mail him that link! ;)

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Oooo just remembered! I played christmas music in AUGUST! YB2K were rehearsing for a crimbo cd when I popped in for a rehearsal... was a tad surreal...