Hitchin Band Appoints New MD

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by davem1995, May 30, 2005.

1. davem1995

davem1995 Member

Hitchin Band is pleased to announce the appointment of Lewis Edney, as Musical Director.

Lewis is a freelance trombone player from London who has worked with the likes of the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and the English National Ballet.

He has been involved with Brass Bands for over 16 years, playing with the likes of the BT band, Fodens and is a founder member of Alliance Brass Band.

Band Secretary, David Milsom, said:
    "We are very pleased to have Lewis as our new MD and we are looking forward to working together through the summer season and beyond."

2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Congrats to Lewis and Hitchin. I hope all works out for the best for the entire lot!!

With any luck...you'll see more of this...

Attached Files:

3. lewis

lewis Member

Thanks Pat. Can't seem to see the picture though, it keeps on saying I don't have permission to see it. Any ideas?

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'll have to pm it to you or e-mail it to you.

BTW...I can't say how happy I am to see you finally got your "break" as an MD!!

5. lewis

lewis Member

Well I hope I'll have a good relationship with the band. If you could email me that photo that would be great (ledney2000@yahoo.co.uk). I've only done a couple of rehearsals but have really enjoyed it, am very excited as this is a new thing for me.

6. UncleStreaky

UncleStreaky Member

Congrats to Hitchin and to Lewis.

:clap:

Hitchin are a great crowd and hope you get some great results together. Best you keep getting those promotions, cos we're catching up fast!

Best wishes,

Uncle Streaky and Norfolk Wherry Brass

7. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Lewis Edney

Would it be possible to ask Lewis if his father was also a very fine trombone player John Edney, and if he's still alive.
    I have happy memories of playing with John when the Northern Sinfonia first started and I was a student.

David James

8. lewis

lewis Member

It would be possible. John is very much alive and kicking, infact still playing his trombone very well. Sadly I am not a relation of his whatsoever, I met him when I was about 11 and he did look into it I believe but we are not related.

9. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

John Edney

Hi Lewis,

Many thanks for your reply; if you do come accross John in the course of your work please give him our regards, as my wife Rita knew John from Sadlers Wells days.
    Good luck for the future to you and your band, I'm sure you will do well.

David James