Highams Euphonium

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TTV, Jan 5, 2007.

1. TTV

TTV New Member

Hello everybody,

I hope you don't mind me gate-crashing your site but I need some advice. I have a silver plated and engraved Higham's Euphonium. I have inherited it. I don't play and nor does anyone else in my family. I am moving house and would like to sell it to someone who would appreciate it. I am told it is in working order but needs a clean.

How does one go about finding the right place to sell it?

Thanks in advance for your help, confused vicar.

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Not gate-crashing at all, you are most welcome. Do you by any chance have any images of said Euphonium that you could post here. It might help the sale prospects...

3. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

We have a member called Highams, named after the maker, who I'm pretty sure is a collector. Might be worth PMing him to ask advice.
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

5. TTV

TTV New Member

Thanks for the address, you posted it while I was trying to work out what PMing means. By the way, what does it mean?:rolleyes:

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Private Messaging! ;)
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I just sent you a PM... you can access them by going to:

UserCP > List Messages (on left)
  8. jegaleg

jegaleg New Member

Hello, how much would you be thinking of selling it for? :D
  9. TTV

TTV New Member

Hi again, sorry to be slow to reply, I have been out of the country. I have been offered £50-£60 plus P&P for it.

I have not confirmed that I'll definitely sell it for that, any other offers? It is in ok condition and perfectly playable as far as I know but needs some tlc and restoration to bring it into it's full glory.