Highams Euphonium

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TTV, Jan 5, 2007.

1. TTV

TTV New Member

Hello everybody,

I hope you don't mind me gate-crashing your site but I need some advice. I have a silver plated and engraved Higham's Euphonium. I have inherited it. I don't play and nor does anyone else in my family. I am moving house and would like to sell it to someone who would appreciate it. I am told it is in working order but needs a clean.

How does one go about finding the right place to sell it?

Thanks in advance for your help, confused vicar.

TTV

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Not gate-crashing at all, you are most welcome. Do you by any chance have any images of said Euphonium that you could post here. It might help the sale prospects...

J

3. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Well-Known Member

We have a member called Highams, named after the maker, who I'm pretty sure is a collector. Might be worth PMing him to ask advice.

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

5. TTV

TTV New Member

thanks

Thanks for the address, you posted it while I was trying to work out what PMing means. By the way, what does it mean?:rolleyes:

TTV

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Private Messaging! ;)

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I just sent you a PM... you can access them by going to:

UserCP > List Messages (on left)

8. jegaleg

jegaleg New Member

Hello, how much would you be thinking of selling it for? :D

9. TTV

TTV New Member

Hi again, sorry to be slow to reply, I have been out of the country. I have been offered £50-£60 plus P&P for it.

I have not confirmed that I'll definitely sell it for that, any other offers? It is in ok condition and perfectly playable as far as I know but needs some tlc and restoration to bring it into it's full glory.

TTV