Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dcm6000, Oct 25, 2012.

1. dcm6000

dcm6000 New Member

I've had an account on here for years but don't think I've ever posted, so here goes...

My real name is David Morris. I've been involved with bands around Sheffield for over 30 years as a cornet player (including many years at Chapeltown).

I'm now back with my roots at Woodhouse Prize Band as MD now although still play at Oughtibridge. I've got a 12 year old son who's technically now a better euphonium player than I ever was or will be as a cornet player (which won't be a surprise to anyone who's ever sat next to or in front of me!!)

For what it's worth, I was in the audience for *that* performance at Bolsover...
  2. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Now you have two posts! Good to hear from you and welcome. I sense your pride in your son. That's awesome.
  3. Welcome David. I'm MD at Barnsley Chronicle, so close to you.
    Grenville Moore.
  4. Blades4Ever

Blades4Ever Member

Ay up Dave ... I think I know you! :)
    How's the conducting going?
  5. dcm6000

dcm6000 New Member

Hi Ian - nice to hear from you. I'm pleased the business seems to be going ok?

The conducting's going pretty well... they've not thrown me out yet. We could do with a few more players but what band couldn't these days?
  6. ghost

ghost Member

Hi David. Are you the world champion whistleing David Morris or are there two of you up there?
  7. dcm6000

dcm6000 New Member

No relation whatsoever. I've got more hair than my namesake :)
  8. rutty

rutty Active Member

'ow do! I'm guessing you're the same David Morris I'm following on Twitter (other social networks are available)?

Welcome to tMP :)
  9. dcm6000

dcm6000 New Member

One and the same ;-)

twitter: @brassedoff
    blog: http://www.brassedoff.net/wp

For some reason (not figured out why yet), 'brassedoff' was already taken when I joined way back :-O