Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 4344dave, Feb 28, 2011.

1. 4344dave

4344dave New Member

I have recently joined this site and have enjoyed reading many posts.

After a break of 16 years I restarted playing early last year and am throughly enjoying playing with a band again.
    I started playing at the age of 12 whilst living in the Manchester area during my school years I played with Salford Silver, Swinton and Pendlebury silver, Swinton and Pendlebury High school, Eccles and the last band I played with was Irlam.

I then joined the forces as a junior leader and was a cornet player untill 1982 when I swtiched to French horn, studied at the Royal Military school of music and finally left the Army in 1994.

I am now on cornet and as I have said it is great to be back in the brass band world. I do have a small issue and that is one of the correct mouthpiece, but the will sort itself out I am sure.
  2. james72

james72 New Member

Just wondering if your with a contesting band or not and I play on denis wick 4 mouthpiece. Find it easier to play with this mouthpiece than others and when playing it, it is easy to get a good range.
  3. 4344dave

4344dave New Member

Yes with a contesting band 4th Section, played on a DW 4b although did have a problem with upper register so have switched to a yamaha equivalent good sound and eaiser to play on