Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by David Chaulk, Apr 27, 2009.

1. David Chaulk

David Chaulk New Member

I've just re-registered on tMP after an absence of several years. I'm a full time musician (orchestral trombonist) but my real musical passion is playing euphonium in a band. I grew up in a Canadian SA band and these days I play in a New Zealand A Grade Band. Additionally, I play trombone in Prof. David King's National Australia Brass (the best band experience I've ever had) and in June / July I'm traveling to Kerkrade with the National Band of NZ. I love contesting and I'm looking forward to taking in some major UK and European events in the next few years.

A few weeks ago, I released a solo CD (Dancing With Torunn) and - if you're interested - you can hear the tracks on www.myspace.com/torunnrose It's not your usual band stuff but if you let the last track run on for a few minutes after it finishes, you may get something more traditional:)

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    trombonist
    band
    passion
    track
    Canadian SA
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Welcome back, Dave.

4. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Greetings David...! Enjoyed listening to your stuff! Thanks! :hi

5. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

You won't remember me, but I met you in Tim Horton's one night; I think you were there with either Dave Argent or Ken Spink. Few years ago now, right at the start of your stint with HTB.

I have a copy of your recording "Variants" with Steve Bulla. Great stuff.

Welcome back!

John

6. David Chaulk

David Chaulk New Member

Of course I remember you John. Nice to hear from you.

7. Greetings from the U.S.A. I am going to listen to your link after getting off this site. Glad to have you on here.