Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Veri, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Veri

Veri Member

I've been meaning to register and get around to posting on this site for ages.

I'm Verity. I'm from Oxford, and I just started playing my euphonium again in January after a 3.5 year break while I went to university. Then I started training as a librarian and needed to make significant amounts of noise in the evening... I'm playing with Jubilee (Oxford). When I was at school/6th form I played with Lympstone. It is great to be playing again!

One of my friends from the band I joined has convinced me to go to Pontins with her this year (she hasn't been before - I should know better!). We don't have bands to play with as Jubilee isn't going (unless we can persuade everyone otherwise), so I want to sign up for playing with the mouthpiece band - sounds fun!

Anyway, I think that is quite long enough for a first post...

PS: euphemious, according to the OED, can be used to mean "well-reputed"! Not that I am... All the best euph-words have already been taken, although I suppose I could have signed up as euphorbium, which is a type of gum resin apparently...
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi there and welcome :hi

Good to have you on board, and you couldn't have a better introduction to things than by joining the tMP band at Pontins. Be assured everyone will make you welcome, and you'll be able to match even the ugliest of faces to their tMP usernames :oops:
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

But you're not going Peter...? :(

Hi Verity... looking forward to meeting you at Pontins. :hi
  4. Veri

Veri Member

Thank you both of you! It's nice to finally post though I only have the internet at work which is a pain. Hopefully the friend that booked Pontins will appear soon on here too :eek:) Not sure if she knows what she's letting herself in for, but, we're going to arrive in the dark so like the first time I went, she will see the prison-camp chic surroundings only on opening the curtains the next day!

5. very wise thing to do, arrive at Pontins in the dark!!!!! and then straight in to the Queen Vic (classy name) . Im with Chalgrove band, verity, maybe, see you around the local contests.
  6. Veri

Veri Member

I didn't know Chalgrove were going. If you need to borrow a euph/baritone player or a third percussion player (or my friend plays horn...) then do let us know..

Is Chalgrove doing the ODBBA on 1st Oct?
  7. We are not going to Pontins, and hopefully never again, if only to avoid the accomodation. But we are doing the ODBBA on the 1st, so hopefully, we will beat you then !!!!!!!. But seriously, would it be allright if we put you on our deps database, and your friend as well. We are covered at the moment but you never know when you need a dep. Could I ask if you dont mind, if you could go to our website (Chalgroveband.co.uk) and e mail me your personal details ( address ,tel no. etc) thanks a lot
  8. TheMusicMan

Hi Verity

You'll have a great time with us at Pontins. It gets better year on year... great people, great banding event, great fun (and beer).

You'll love it.
  9. Veri

Veri Member

Thanks! I've been before, but in 2001, so hopefully it should have improved even more by then!!! (although, I bet the accommodation has got even worse!)
  10. TheMusicMan

Oh yeah, you can be certain of that :)