Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tracey, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Tracey

Tracey Member

Hi I'm Tracey Bostwick and I play repiano cornet for Old Silkstone Band.

I have been playing for 31years (I started very very very young!!!), as a youngster I played cornet with Maltby Miners Welfare Band in Rotherham South Yorkshire, but after moving to Barnsley to do my nurse training I had a 5year break. I then joined Old Silkstone band in Barnsley on cornet in 1990 and then onto flugel until recently when I moved back to cornet.

I am married to Wayne who plays BBb bass with Old Silkstone and we have a 6 year old daughter, Megan, who is now wanting to play euph (she can get a better sound out of it than me!).

Wayne also started Old Silkstone B band 3 years ago and he's just in the process of starting a small training band and I'm the secretary.

I am also the senior bands contest secretary and am also responsible for 'encouraging' bands to enter our annual March and Hymn Tune contest in July.

When I'm not banding I work as a full time ward sister on a Gastroenterology ward in Barnsley, so don't have much time for anything else especially as Megan is in a theatre group and performs in shows twice a year' although Wayne keeps us well supplied with buns and cakes especially on special occasions.

Anyway that's enough blurb from me and although I haven't done any posting yet I soon will be. Love to have a good debate!

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

:hi welcome Tracey, glad to see you got here on tMP.

If, as you say, you love a good debate, you'll find plenty of those here.... enjoy :tup

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice