Hi tMPers!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rodney, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Rodney

Rodney Member

Hi tMP'ers,

The name's Rodney and I play E flat tuba in the Geelong West Brass Band in Victoria, Australia. My Dad is 80 something and still plays - 2nd Barritone in the Gosport Silver Band.....on the south coast, just across the water from Portsmouth.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi. Please visit my bands' web-site www.geelongwestbrassband.com.au

All the best
  2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Hi Rodney, welcome to tMP!

I've moved your introduction post into a thread of its own. Hope you don't mind... ;)
  3. Rodney

Rodney Member

Not at all Jan. Still finding my way around :)

4. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Just had a look at your website.. nice to see you have some long serving members. I noticed one at 46 years!!!

Welcome btw
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Rodney, nice to have you with us! ;)

6. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Hello you nice man from far far away!:hi
  7. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Ayup Rodders, always nice to welcome another bass player aboard !!
    Watch out for those dodgy slide merchants, screechy cornettos and flaggelating flugelists! :wink:
  8. Rodney

Rodney Member

Wow.......thanks for the great welcome everybody - 'specially to my fellow bass player seeing as it's us the hold up the rest of the band:biggrin:

There's few oldies in the band - oldest guy is around the 80 mark and plays in two bands......other band's not a contesting band like Geelong West but my hat's off to him :clap:

I'm planning to come to the UK for a visit in 2010. I hope that it will coincide with Whit Friday and tMP will have a band in for that year.

See ya

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  9. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

How very dare you! I make a point of never doing anything that I can't spell!! ;)