Hi this is me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tubby, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Tubby

Tubby Member

Well I have already started posting but I thought I ought to introduce myself properly.

My name is Marcus and I am a Salvation Army bandsman and play EEb bass in Norwich Citadel band (norwichcitadelband.org.uk). I live by the sea in Norfolk and have been playing since the age of 7 when my Granddad taught me.

They're are a few folk on here I recognise from the Army world, i have played in the contesting scene as well so hopefully I will catch up with some people I know there to.:biggrin:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Salvation Army
    Marcus
    EEb bass
    Salvation Army bandsman
    sea
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Marcus and welcome to tMP :hi

I am sure you will come across many people you already know on tMP... good to have you here.

4. Tubby

Tubby Member

Why thank you for that.

5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Hi Tubby

A fellow bass player from Norfolk! There are a few of us East Angles around but watch out for the funny lot from South of the Border :wink:

6. tat

tat Member

Hi Marcus,:hi
    Sure you'll spend many hours on here just like the rest of us.

7. Tubby

Tubby Member

Chunky I used to play for Matthews in 1998.

8. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Not sure we ever played together then, I have depped many a time for the Turkey Twizzlers!

9. Tubby

Tubby Member

Well when I was playing the tuba section consisted of Roger Percey ( Eb) Robin ? ( Eb ) Mark ? ( Bb) and me. As you can see I can't remember a couple of them but at the time the MD used to commute from up north every Tuesday and Thurday, then we had Ron Young, ring any bells?

10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Well Robin is Robin Norman and he is on here! I don't recall playing under Ron Young so may not have met.

Am intending to go to the NCB concert at Wroxham Road methodist Church in October. Hope it will be a good programme.

You also may no a relation of my partners, Kelvin Mann?

11. Tubby

Tubby Member

Yes that's him Robin is a massive bloke with a massive sound. When I played with them he was studing somewhere, he will remember me I think?? Did you play under John Berryman, he did a small stint before Ron Young. Ron was also Bandmaster of the NCB at the same time as he was Matthews MD. Yes I know Kelvin and his family very well he plays 2nd cornet in NCB. It will be good to meet you at the concert be sure to make yourself known!.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Salvation Army
    Marcus
    EEb bass
    Salvation Army bandsman
    sea
  13. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Beetr say welcome to you as well you old *person*, or you may never speak to me again.
    Good to see you on here old mate.

14. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

If Robin was studing was somewhere perhaps it wasn't just a massive sound he has?

Btw his sound is still massive!

15. Tubby

Tubby Member

'bout time you had a little visit back in't it? And less of the old, bitch!.

16. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Hello!

I'm neither a bass player or a man! Which might make a change considering the people who've said hello to you so far?;) Enjoy TMP and feel free to be incredibly random (and join some social groups too!). :D

17. Rodney

Rodney Member

G'day Tubby and welcome to the madness - I too play the best instrument in the band :)

Hooroo

18. T Winch

T Winch Member

Hi Tubby & welcome to tMP. (I think I might know a couple of people in your horn section)

19. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

It really would make sense for you to move to Norfolk, you know so many people Trevor!

20. T Winch

T Winch Member

I've told you it's not me you've got to persuade. It's the wife ;)

21. Tubby

Tubby Member

I imagine you do, so what is your relationship to the solo horn player?

22. T Winch

T Winch Member

He's my little brother