Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by davidsait, Jul 25, 2005.

1. davidsait

davidsait Member

Hi there!

I'm Dave, I'm 25, and I currently live in Coventry.

I'm a Postgraduate student at the University of Warwick where I'm studying for my Ph.D. in Chemistry , however, I'm nearly done and expect to be finishing around Christmas.

As such, I've just finished playing with the University of Warwick Brass Band, where I was on flugel for 7 years in total. I came to Brasssoc (as we call ourselves) from the Letchworth Garden City Band but I don't get to see them very much now.

I also play cornet and trumpet, I helped out City of Coventry for a couple of years whilst I've been here, and I very happy to dep. for other local bands as they get desperate. During my time at Warwick I've done a fair amount of other ensemble playing as well, including the quintet, wind band and big band, as well as brief excursions into the percussion section.

Apart from playing, I've just had my first arrangement for band published (‘As Torrents in Summer’ by Elgar) and I'm also a chorister at St Marys' Church, Lapworth. I post sporadically to my blog, my favourite composer is Philip Wilby and I’m a big fan of phdcomics.com.

That’s quite enough of that, I think.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Warwick
    Warwick Brass Band
    URL
    band published
    Garden City Band