Hi I'm new too

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Judehamilton, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Judehamilton

Judehamilton New Member

Hi I'm new too. Jude Hamilton here - looking in the near future for a band to play with in the Wirral area as planning to move as soon as can gain permanent employment in order to live with my partner.

Currently own/play b flat cornet in a small Salvation Army band in Sunderland.

Any suggestions of who is looking for a cornet player would be appreciated.

Jude

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    future
    employment
    area
    band
    Wirral
  3. Aaron

Aaron Member

Hello Jude!
    Is the Wirral close to Meltham?? (nudge nudge wink wink)
    I'm sorry, ive never been good at Geography!

4. Judehamilton

Judehamilton New Member

I have no idea - not spent much time over that side as yet - just making enquiries as don't want to have to give up playing (and as will be living with partner will be kicked out of the army bands!)

5. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Hello, Jude and :hi to tMP!

I've moved your post here to your very own thread, so as not to cause any confusion.

In regards to finding bands looking for cornet players, you can post your details in the tMP Dep and Guest Database Corner and you can look through postings by bands looking for players in the Recruitment Corner.

I look forward to reading your posts!

6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

you have a few bands close to the wirral and scouse land.....
    Royal Buckley - near Ewloe and Chester
    Wrexham Citadel Band - Wrexham , not that far from Chester
    Haydock -far side of Liverpool
    Northop - North Wales is not far from chester ( 30mins I think)
    hope this helps.

7. Judehamilton

Judehamilton New Member

Do you happen to have any contact details for any of them?

8. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

It's not that far down here to Beaumaris , if your ever in deepest North Wales...pop over you will be made very Welcome..hope you find something..
    ta

9. Judehamilton

Judehamilton New Member

Thanks for that - will try and get in touch when I have a better idea when I may actually be moving.

Jude

10. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Yep, all the bands above only take 30 mins max i think if you use the motorway. You also have City of Chester, Deeside Silver Band, Port Sunlight Lyceum Brass, and also Formby Band. I know there is also a Salvation Army Band in Rock Ferry if you wanted to try them.
    Hope this helps.

11. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Of course until you do move if you fancy an extra blow you're more than welcome to pop along to Murton Colliery Band. We're always pleased to see new faces and nowadays it's quite permissible to play in both a salvation army and an ordinary band.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    future
    employment
    area
    band
    Wirral
  13. George Laycock

George Laycock New Member

Cornet Vacancies

Hi,

Wire Brass in Warrington are looking for a couple of cornet players, they can be contacted via their website at www.wirebrass.co.uk.

Good luck