Hi, I'm new here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Harold.Wells, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Harold.Wells

Harold.Wells Active Member

I'm Harold/Harry and after more years of playing than I care to remember, have just joined a competing band.

Hadn't held a brass instrument for about 18 months when I was invited by a friend to "come and have a blow" with Penicuik Silver Band (Scotland).

Went along to a rehearsal one Friday night, just before Christmas, was handed a cornet and enjoyed "parping my lip in" on 3rd Cornet. I must say that that night it was like - play 10 bars, rest for 4, play ten bars, rest......:oops:

After that I attended a couple more rehearsals and next thing find myself sitting in the Principal's seat!! :confused: Must say that was the last thing I was expecting!

I've now "cut my teeth" with my first contest last weekend (Scottish Regionals) and, despite a disappointing result, really enjoyed myself.

The guys and gals in the band have made me feel most welcome and I'm having a great time enjoying banding again - thanks guys!:clap:

Now, as you see, I'm really getting enthusiastic in the band scene and even taking the first steps on tMP!
  2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Great to have you here Harry, hope your enthusiasm continues for playing and our little online forum :D

Who are you playing with up north of the border? Im sure there will be plenty of others on here that will know of your band.
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Harry/Harold and :hi.

Nice to see you're happily settled back in to playing and the band have welcomed you into the fold.

As for tMPing, you've made the first, hardest step, getting registered and posting that first post. The rest is easy. Hope you enjoy being with us. ;)
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Erm Steve? ;)

Sorry Harry, don't mind Steve, its nearly his bedtime. ;)
  5. Steve

Steve Active Member

That and the fact Im a complete moron :( Ignoe me Harry, and then you will truly enjoy the site!
  6. Harold.Wells

Thanks for your welcome guys!
    Steve, I'm playing with Penicuik Silver Band - Penicuik's just a few miles south of Edinburgh.
  7. Harold.Wells

I see that while I was replying you both spotted that I HAD said where I was playing!
    Never mind, it IS late and now you've had a bit of a geography lesson too!
  8. Di

Di Active Member

Hehe, true, but sadly we're addicted and don't worry too much about the hour. ;)
  9. Harold.Wells

I can see how addictive it can be! Put banding and computers together and hey......
    Seem to be very quickly getting addicted myself - I'm up for work in 5 and a half hours but still not ready to switch this thing off!
  10. Di

Di Active Member

Oh yes. I can see you'll fit in nicely round here. ;) Hehe.
  11. vonny

vonny Member

Hi Harry/Harold... may I call you Harry please?

It's great to see you here on tmp, and it's wonderful that you have taken the initiative to take up brass banding again. Oooooooo It's exciting when we add to are fold, don't you think?

Yvonne x
  12. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

(Do you ever sleep? Or are you a "Stepford Mod"? ;) )

But be careful, this is an addiction! Off to check myself into the clinic now!
  13. Harold.Wells

Hi Yvonne, thanks for the welcome. Feel free to call me Harry - I'll answer to just about anything that's not rude!:tup

Susan - feel like I've not slept - eyes still nippy!:eek:
    What do you play? Where do you play?
    And......which clinic do you recommend? ;)
  14. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

After a good 2 months on tMP, you're still on an average of 48 posts per day. Wel done ;-)
  15. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

Welcome to tMP :)