Hi, I'm looking for a Band!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AdrianD, Jul 20, 2006.

1. AdrianD

AdrianD New Member

Hi,

My name's Adrian, and I live in Heaton Mersey, just on the Stockport side of the Manchester/Stockport border. I've a tiny bit of playing experience from a four years ago, when I was briefly (6 months-ish?) in Stannington's Junior Band. I never got round to finding a new band after moving to Manchester, but would still like to learn to play.

Does anyone know of bands that rehearse in or near Heaton Mersey (or Burnage/anywhere else accessible by public transport/bike) which have a decent junior section for complete/near beginners?

Adrian

PS: if it's at all relevant, I played the cornet previously.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    name
    Adrian
    Heaton Mersey
    side
    border
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Adrian and :hi to tMP.

I'm not from that area so am personally unable to help with your search for a band, but there are many members here who are, and I'm sure you'll have some answers pretty soon.

Good luck in your search.

;)

4. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Hello Adrian

Elmfield Brass was my 1st Band and they rehearse on a Wednesday evening at St Saviours Church in Great Moor. It is on the A6 (192 bus route) between Mile End School and Stepping Hill. They are not a Junior Band but are very welcoming and would love to see you (I'm sure). The conducter was my Cornet teacher for many years and he is a true brass bander in every way. If you would like more info give us a PM and I'll let you have more details. Good luck.

5. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

welcome to the Site!