Hi, I'm looking for a Band!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AdrianD, Jul 20, 2006.

1. AdrianD

AdrianD New Member

My name's Adrian, and I live in Heaton Mersey, just on the Stockport side of the Manchester/Stockport border. I've a tiny bit of playing experience from a four years ago, when I was briefly (6 months-ish?) in Stannington's Junior Band. I never got round to finding a new band after moving to Manchester, but would still like to learn to play.

Does anyone know of bands that rehearse in or near Heaton Mersey (or Burnage/anywhere else accessible by public transport/bike) which have a decent junior section for complete/near beginners?

PS: if it's at all relevant, I played the cornet previously.
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Adrian and :hi to tMP.

I'm not from that area so am personally unable to help with your search for a band, but there are many members here who are, and I'm sure you'll have some answers pretty soon.

Good luck in your search.

3. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Hello Adrian

Elmfield Brass was my 1st Band and they rehearse on a Wednesday evening at St Saviours Church in Great Moor. It is on the A6 (192 bus route) between Mile End School and Stepping Hill. They are not a Junior Band but are very welcoming and would love to see you (I'm sure). The conducter was my Cornet teacher for many years and he is a true brass bander in every way. If you would like more info give us a PM and I'll let you have more details. Good luck.
  4. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

welcome to the Site!