Hi I'm Blake, I have a problem....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by blakeyboy, Apr 19, 2006.

1. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

I've just bought a new laptop and it's decided to have a fit at me and give me a pink vertical lines down any thing that has white on the screen....it does stop but then starts again....I haven't dropped it or shook it violently, i'm just wondering what type of problem it could be. I'm going to take it to be fixed as its under guarantee an all that just wanted to be armed with any suggestions. I don't want to look like an inexperienced fool.

I wont be attempting any sort of fix myself of course, and yes, before you say it I HAVE shut it down completely waited about 5 mins and started again.

Could there be something wrong with the solder in the chip things on the circuit board.....

All in all I'm not happy!:mad:
  2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

If it's still under guarantee, take it back and just show them what it's doing. Don't make any suggestions about what you think it is - see what they say.

Could be a video driver problem, or a loose chip, or a bad block in the video RAM, or a bad connection between the monitor portion and the rest of the laptop.
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Whatever the actual issue is... it simply isn't right that it should be doing this. Don't accept excuses off the store you purchased it from - it simply isn't fit for purpose and they must replace it.
  4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

As John said if you have just bought this i.e. within the last few days, and you have the receipt then take it back to the store and demand a replacement. Take no sh*t from them about sending it for repair. It sounds like it is not fit for purpose in which case you are protected by your statutory rights and it should be replaced or a full refund offered. Stand firm and don't be fobbed off with a salesman, if you are not satisfied then demand to speak to the manager.
  5. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

cheers guys, really appreciate ur input!

I shall be getting my customer service head on in the next few days and going for the jugular!!! Fortunately, being uber profficient in customer service , I'll eat them alive.

Thanks again :clap: