Hi from Haverhill

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by backrowboy, Mar 26, 2006.

1. backrowboy

backrowboy Member

:D Just thought I would say hi to everyone,did not know this website even existed until about a week ago.

I have been playing for about 30 years now and am a member of haverhill band, and I am really looking forward to the finals in Harrogate in september.I would like to congratulate all other qualifiers.:clap:

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

:hi

Well done for your result last weekend. I heard your band and thought you were excellent. Good luck in Harrogate - you'll have a great time!

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi and welcome to tMP... glad that we managed to get you sorted. Enjoy tMP yeah...:)

4. the fish

the fish Member

Good luck for the finals at Harrogate, I'm sure you'll do yourselves and the L & SC region proud!

5. vonny

vonny Member

Hi there backrowboy

Welcome to tmp, glad you found us :D

Is Haverhill outside of Cambridge? If it is I used to spend quite a bit of time there as I used to visit a friend. Haven't been for a while though, but it was an ok place, and easy reach to Bury St Edmunds to.

Yvonne x

P.S I 'm not from Bury St Edmunds, I'm from Bury in Lancashire - I know how easily the male species can become confused ;)

6. backrowboy

backrowboy Member

:) Hello Vonny

Yes you're right, Haverhill is about 20 miles from Cambridge and about the same to Bury, pretty quiet here, small market town, hopefully the band has put it on the map now!

7. backrowboy

backrowboy Member

Thanks very much, congratulations to yourselves for coming 3rd two years running. See you in Championship section next year!

8. vonny

vonny Member

I used to go to a pub called the star quite a bit:)

9. backrowboy

backrowboy Member

:confused: There's no pub called the Star here anymore, think there used to be though.:D