Hi from another new boy...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bbg, Mar 7, 2007.

1. bbg

bbg Member

After many months reading and enjoying the "banter" on tMP, have finally got round to registering! I'm what may be called an "experienced" bandsman - that is to say the combined ages of the rest of the back row cornets has been known to total less than my age (of course we have a very young back row at times...)
    Got involved in active banding again in '01 after a long break, followed my son into our current band where he came up through the Youth Band and is now principal concussionist/shed builder. Played horn all my career until askd to help out on lower cornet when I joined up again, 5 years later I've "progressed " from 3rd to 2nd in the contest band with occasional scary excursions to higher bits at various Christmas / summer jobs.
    Working hard for this Saturday's "Scottish", feel that "Prelude" is a fair 3rd Section test so here's hoping for a good result.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    boy
    band
    banding
    ages
    back row
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

:hi to you bbg - glad that you decided to take the plunge and make your first post.

Don't forget - this now also means you are able to take part in the tMP Regional Prediction competition. Take a look at the link in the top navbar... it's great fun.

4. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Hello there, and good luck at the weekend.

Tom

5. sop star

sop star New Member

Well......... hello there BBG [Brass Band Geek i belive!?] Sop Star here!!three guesses who i am!! hehe this is the first time i have been logged on in a year! :(

WB to me people! if i know you or not!

6. bbg

bbg Member

Good evening Mr Strong -

posting at lunchtime when you should be revising for exams / practising your sop ready for Forfar next Saturday??

7. sop star

sop star New Member

oh i know brian - but no teacher..... my one free period a week! im havin an early luch if ya like!

hows it goin anyway? whats new mr geek in the BB world??