Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JennyC, Nov 22, 2010.

1. JennyC

JennyC New Member

I am new to the Mouthpiece, and only a "silver surfer", but have been banding for nearly 60 years. Having started with Shirley Band (Birmingham) as a youngster, I have been a member of the Malvern Hills District Brass Band (4th Section currently) since its inception, 31 years ago, and have been secretary for many years. I met my husband at Shirley Band, and we have been "blowing" for the last 48 years! He plays Bb bass and I play on tenor horn.
    Our band is based at the foot of the Malvern Hills in Worcestershire and we have a superb view from our bandroom which is in the grounds of a large Manor House.
    The band is currently recruiting new members, so if there is anyone out there looking to join us, please contact me.
    JennyC

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Mouthpiece
    Shirley Band
    Malvern Hills District Brass Band
    Birmingham
    silver surfer
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Jenny, and glad you've chosen to emerge from the shadows ;)

We'll look forward to hearing what you have to say :hi

4. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Hi Jenny! Enjoy your time here on tMP! :hi

5. Hi Jenny,

I remember visiting your bandroom during the summer - its a very nice location - though i do recall it's a very loud rehearsal room. Enjoy your blowing and catching up with everyone on here.

6. JennyC

JennyC New Member

Nice to hear from you trombonebassoprofundo. Being new to tMP, not sure how to go about things, by pressing a few buttons and being nosy, I noticed a couple of months ago you mentioned you were looking for a band. We have an empty bass trom seat if you are interested and/or available. Get in touch again if so and we would be glad to hear from you. JennyC

7. Thanks Jenny I will send a PM now.

8. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Welcome to TMP.
    I remember Malvern, What a loverly part of the world to be in. Cold in the winter though as I remember. I drove a round the mountain and the scene changed and became white as we turned a corner. I'm Glad I'm here and your there.

9. bigsound

bigsound Member

Welcome to tMP Jenny! Enjoy!

10. Welcome from the U.S.A. Have fun on here.