Hi everyone !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by argyll, Mar 2, 2008.

1. argyll

argyll New Member

So new to the cornet it hasn`t been delivered yet :biggrin: , A bit about myself, i live in Argyll, Scotland and have decided to try and follow in my grandfathers footsteps and learn to play the cornet (he was in the Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra) at the rip old age of 43 :eek: , its going to have to be self taught as there are no instructors in the area so any advice on the best books/dvds etc would be appreciated !, No doubt i will be asking all the usual daft questions but i will search the forums first ;)
  2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Hello Rob, welcome to tMP!

Don't worry, it's never to late to see sense and take up a Brass instument or to see even more sense and take up Trombone!
  3. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Welcome Rob!

Where abouts are you in Argyll then?!
  4. argyll

argyll New Member

Kilkenzie :biggrin:
  5. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Ah your not that far away then as I can see Kilkenzie from my house!! Do I know you then?! :oops:

Not strickly true thats theres not any instructors in the area! We have band tues and thurs nights in the Community Centre in Campbeltown, with the beginners also on a Thurs night. Steve Stewart (Soprano from Kirkintilloch Band) travels down and teaches in the schools Mon-Wed, and stays here 2 nights, so Im sure he mite be up for giving lessons the nights he's here! Our conductor could also be availale for lessons at odd times when he's down too!

So come along and see whats doing!

Oh and we've a few spare instruments in the cupboard too....!!!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  6. argyll

argyll New Member

Yes :biggrin: , think small cottage with a nutty collie by the sea on a nearby farm with a large car park just down the road :eek: , i will have a look in on the community centre, thanks for letting me know :tup
  7. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Ah the penny's dropped now Rob, I shouldve worked that one out quicker!!

Youve been in the area for a while now and I didnt know you were keen on the music, need to listen out for you practicing every time I pass to feed the cows down the beach!! haha!

Check out our website for more details on the band (I do need to update it tho!)