Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BenjaminG1785, Jan 21, 2008.

1. BenjaminG1785

BenjaminG1785 New Member

Hi Everyone. I haven't really introduced myself yet so here goes!

My names is Benjamin and im 17. I passed my grade 8 in December 07 and Ilay for Barnetby Silver Band.
    I am really passionate about music and want to become a music teacher in the future.I'm still decioding weather it's primary or secondary school at the moment. :p
    I started playing in 1998, when i was 8 years old. I started my Brass band career on the Baritone but then later in 2003. I moved onto the euphonium. My Euphonium is my pride and joy and is the 2nd best thing i love doing! the 1st is that i love being with my girlfriend, Catherine. ;)
    So far with the band i have been to France, Germany, Holland, Leuxenburg (sorry about the spelling), and then to be followed up by Belgium this year (2008). In my time at Barnetby Silver Band, i have won one of the awards the band issues yearly. The cup i won was the George Baker Memorial trophy back in 2006. This cup is awarded for the most improved young player of the year. :p

Thanks for taking the time to read this

comments welcome
  2. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Hi Benjamin,

Welcome to tMP - I am sure as a music enthusiast, you'll have many happy hours perusing its contents! Its a great resource and I've certainly learnt a lot from reading people's views and asking the odd question.

I hear Barnetby might be doing the areas this year? Hope all goes well!

See you at Easter, no doubt.

Catherine (not the girlfriend!)
  3. BenjaminG1785

BenjaminG1785 New Member

Im sorry to have to tell you that Barnetby won't be doing the areas anymore as not enough people wanted to do it, which is a huge disapiontment to me!
    We might however me doing an entertainment contest in hull or scarbrough etc.

Sorry to disapiont you!
  4. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

That's a shame - an entertainment contest shoud be good fun though, a day out at scarborough is always worth it! Mmm candy floss and slot machines...
  5. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

Unless I'm wrong, the entertainment contest in Scarborough hasn't run for several years now.

The nearest one is Malton Contest which runs in November of every year.

I may be wrong, and I stand corrected if so, but I live (when not at uni) 24 miles from Scarborough - so keep up to date with banding in that area.
  6. BenjaminG1785

BenjaminG1785 New Member

Thanks for letting me know, ill check it out and pass the info on respectively!