Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by catkin, Dec 3, 2006.

1. catkin

catkin New Member

Hi I play cornet, I've been playing for just over 4 years now and it's the best thing I ever did!! I play on 3rd cornet for the B band-which I've just got into-yyeeeeaaahhhh :clap: + front row for the youth band which of course I am really just slightly too old for!! :wink: I play for Wantage Silver Band. Inbetween practice I am a computer administrator which means I get to crash all the computers so the engineers have something to do!!!
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Hi there and welcome.

Sounds like you're pretty busy, and I'm sure all those computer engineers really appreciate your efforts in keeping them occupied too. ;)
  3. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

Nice to meet you, iv played for 4 years also now and am 2nd cornet in Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue and front row / principal Cornet for silversounds youth! ;)
    anyway hope you have fun on here and find out lots of information like i did!
    :hi: aboard my friend!
    Sopha x

Nice to see another player from Wantage joining up! I don't know if I know you or not but I played for Wantage for years until I moved up north to Buxton, so it is great to see players from Wantage posting on here, gives me a link with home!
  5. catkin

catkin New Member

Hi Clare

I don't recognise your picture but although I've been playing for 4 years it's really only the last 2 and a bit that I've really started to play with the intentions of really improving. I was probably still in training band or just a beginner, nice to meet you anyway, my name is Gail by the way
  6. the fish

the fish Member

Hello Gail,

Nice to see you on here!

Folks, I would like to say that Gail is a great bandswoman she is a credit to our organisation working tirelessly behind the scenes and supporting the other bands in our great organisation, as well as improving all the time as a cornet player.