Hi everybody!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cornet_babe, Aug 1, 2008.

1. cornet_babe

cornet_babe Member

Hi all!

Thought I had better introduce myself :tongue: My name's Charlotte and I have been playing the cornet for nearly three years now. I am just about to enter college to study music and I'm hoping to take my grade 8 cornet in the near future. I have just had braces off (which I had on for 2 1/2 years - yikes!!) and any advice would be greatly appreciated - I have noticed my embouchure has changed a lot and it's quite worrying!! :(

That's about it from me, I hope I can meet some fellow brass obsessed people!!

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Charlotte, and welcome to tMP.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to chat about, and you'll also find plenty of people ready to give advice and share their own experiences. Best of luck with your college course ;)

3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

My name is Hells Bones, but most people call me Bones, or Tone. Up to you really ;)

Do you mean college as in Further Education or Higher Education?

Yep, it's true, tMP is full of Bandos, Boffins and allsorts.

You will find that we are about 24/7 as we have our very own night crew!

Have fun!
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  4. cornet_babe

cornet_babe Member

Hi Bones! :D

It's further education I'm studying but I'm definitely going to study music at higher education too!! Thankyou both for the warm welcome :)

5. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

As a founder memeber of the afore-mentioned nightshift massive, Welcome to TMP! Noting the time I would like to point out that I'm on a rare dayshift! :eek:

Please feel free to use and abuse (in a nice way) the knowledge and experience of the members and most of all have some fun!:D

6. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

Welcome Charlotte!!

my name is the musical rent boy, but most call me chris :)
    I am awaiting my GCSE results and grades permitting am going to 6th form. I wouldn't have braces because I thought it would be detrimental to my playing so I can't really say how it could affect you but if you've been playing while they've been in it shouldn't be too different.

We are a friendly bunch and like Bones says, pretty much 24hrs.
  7. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Hiya Charltotte and welcome to Tmp
    I had my braces off in March time and don't worry my playing changed alot after too. It does get better! Just keep practising as much as you can and it will get better.:tup
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  8. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

I had braces on about 4 years ago where my playing was good before and then got worse when i first had the braces on as you would expect you then adapt to playing with the braces on. And when they come off you will find it hard as you have got use to playing with extra depth on your teeth so the positioning of the mouthpiece and feel will be different. You will soon adapt back to your old way or find a new comfortable position to play, so don't worry just keep practicing :)
  9. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Hi Cornetto babe!
    When I had my braces removed my playing didn't go down, but my trousers did :eek:

Sorry - terrible joke.

Welcome to tMP land, if you need any sensible advice I'm your man :biggrin:
  10. cornet_babe

cornet_babe Member

I must thank you all for a great welcome :) I really appreciate it!! My playing is gradually starting to get better now after hours of practice so I have my fingers crossed that it will keep on getting better. Thanks once again :D

11. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Belated welcome Cornetbabe. One from the foundations of the band! Have fun!!
  12. Rodney

Rodney Member

And another belated welcome from all of the gals and guys on tMP who are in Oz or Kiwi land :)