Hi everybody!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ben, Nov 26, 2005.

1. ben

ben New Member

Hi! My name's Ben Keates, I've been a member on here since about February this year but while being a fairly frequent reader have never got round to posting! I'm 21 (thanks for my Happy Birthday e-mail, TMP!) and in my 3rd and final year of a Mathematics degree at the University Of Warwick.

In term time, I play third man on the front row with the University Of Warwick Brass Band, having been promoted there this year after spending last year playing 2nd cornet. I also play trumpet in the Brass Society's Symphonic Brass Ensemble (a ten-piece group) and also 1st Trumpet in the University's Wind Orchestra (although it's obviously not a patch on the Brass Band :D ). I'm currently registered with the University Brass Band, and am contesting for them this year.

In vacation time, I always go back to play with Dronfield Band, who were my first proper band (apart from Darley Dale's training band 10 years ago.) and with whom I also play on the front row (where exactly depends on who's available.) I love going back there, especially to do the Christmas jobs - nothing like sitting in the entrance to Tesco, shiveringly cold, playing Christmas carols while wearing a Santa hat and not being able to see my cornet for tinsel and flashing lights!

Anyway, that's all I can think of to say, other than hopefully see some of you in Leamington tomorrow (particularly anyone coming down from Dronfield!) I'll be there with the University band - we'll be the ones decked out in green "Brass Society" t-shirts and hoodies. See you there! ;)
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Ben :hi

Good to see you decided to introduce yourself and start posting... looking forward to reading your threada...;)