Hi everybody!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ben, Nov 26, 2005.

1. ben

ben New Member

Hi! My name's Ben Keates, I've been a member on here since about February this year but while being a fairly frequent reader have never got round to posting! I'm 21 (thanks for my Happy Birthday e-mail, TMP!) and in my 3rd and final year of a Mathematics degree at the University Of Warwick.

In term time, I play third man on the front row with the University Of Warwick Brass Band, having been promoted there this year after spending last year playing 2nd cornet. I also play trumpet in the Brass Society's Symphonic Brass Ensemble (a ten-piece group) and also 1st Trumpet in the University's Wind Orchestra (although it's obviously not a patch on the Brass Band :D ). I'm currently registered with the University Brass Band, and am contesting for them this year.

In vacation time, I always go back to play with Dronfield Band, who were my first proper band (apart from Darley Dale's training band 10 years ago.) and with whom I also play on the front row (where exactly depends on who's available.) I love going back there, especially to do the Christmas jobs - nothing like sitting in the entrance to Tesco, shiveringly cold, playing Christmas carols while wearing a Santa hat and not being able to see my cornet for tinsel and flashing lights!

Anyway, that's all I can think of to say, other than hopefully see some of you in Leamington tomorrow (particularly anyone coming down from Dronfield!) I'll be there with the University band - we'll be the ones decked out in green "Brass Society" t-shirts and hoodies. See you there! ;)

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Ben :hi

Good to see you decided to introduce yourself and start posting... looking forward to reading your threada...;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice