Hi all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mark Preece, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Mark Preece

Mark Preece New Member

Hello all!

My name is Mark, and I am new to this forum. Just wanted to introduce myself before the panel. I am a Canadian citizen living in Osaka Japan, and I play the tuba. I have grown up with the Salvation Army in Canada, so brass banding is in my blood! I look forward to some good discussions on here.

Thanks,

Mark Preece

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    citizen
    name
    all
    Mark Preece______________BE 983
    Canadian
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Good to have you on board, Mark. There are several of us with SA connections, both past and present.

I'm sure we'd be particularly interested in any snippets regarding the banding world in Japan.
    :hi

4. Mark Preece

Mark Preece New Member

Thanks Peter!

I have played Bb Bass for many years, but now I enjoy Eb Bass. I currently play in Breeze Brass Band here in Osaka, and I am the only foreigner ever to have played as a member of the group! We were fortunate enough to have Roger Webster join us for our Christmas concert last December, and this year we will be featuring Russel Gray! I am lookin forward to meeting him very much.

Thats all for now,

5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Mouthpiece!
    Are there many brass bands in Japan? I've been to Japan for my company in June and it is very likely that I will go there more often in the future. It would be nice if I could check out one of the Japanese bands on one of these trips!

p.s. what a strange signature...