Hey!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Liamhorn, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Hello, My name is Liam Bard I live in the heart of Devon in a little town called Tiverton. I have been playing the Tenor Horn since I was 6 and have continued through to now being 18. I love playing the Horn and I love playing with my brass band and helping out other brass bands around the area.

I was brought up in the brass band world, by first wanting to learn the trumpet but then on my second lesson moved to tenor horn back in 1995, later that year I was invited along to join the Tiverton Town Junior Band and then moved to the senior banned in the year 2000. I have worked my way up through the ranks working hard and progressing through the years to be offered a place as solo horn for Devon Youth Brass Band, (whilst already playing solo for my own band) to represent the County for its youth Players.

I look forward to meeting more of people around the forums with the same interests as me.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Devon
    Tiverton
    Liam Bard
    Horn
    County
  3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Hello and Welcome to tMP!

4. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Hi Liam, I'll reiterate my good friend HellsBones comments, welcome! I would like to point out that it's two trombone players that have got in their first so you can see what a friendly bunch we are!

Where are your fellow horn players to welcome you!! LOL

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Sheeesh!!! :rolleyes: Here we are!!! :hi to tMP!

6. Robhibberd29

Blimey DaveR, about as punctual as the Yanks in WW2! LOL

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

:mad::ranting2:

Blooming cheek! Typical peashooter! :hammer:tongue:

8. Robhibberd29

I hope your as good at bashin the skins as you are at using emoticons DaveR! Why is it all trom players get tarred with the same brush! I'll tell you why, because it's true.

9. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Though I feel obliged to point out that the trombones me and Mr Hibberd play are anything but Peashooters. :tongue:

Cannons more like

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Liam, you forget to mention your poor parents who ferry you around and then have to walk the dog while you are helping other bands out. ;)

11. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Hi, I used to be in DYBB too, only for a year though. Do I know you?!

It was a fair old while ago though, I think I was 17ish and I'm 21 now. I feel old!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Devon
    Tiverton
    Liam Bard
    Horn
    County
  13. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Yes, i did miss to point out that fact, but now i can drive myself around (So much better).

Maybe! Cant remember though..

14. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Nah, I can't either, my memory's worse than a goldfishes!

Did you go to Exmouth last sat? Enjoy it? tiverton had quite a good result didn't they?

I like Exmouth, much more relaxed atmosphere than the regionals.

15. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Hi and welcome from the bass section as well.
    We are all a bit old and doddery back here (not like all those super charged bone men with there pea shooting cannons). Don't worry one day you may yearn for the fullfillment of a nice big proper instrument! ;)

16. Hi and well done!