Hey

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lottie4744, Jul 25, 2005.

1. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Hi, well I'm Lottie, as you'd probably guessed from my username. My birth certificate states the name Charlotte, and my Baptism name's Lauren. It's a long and complicated story but most people call me Lauren, but my family, meandmycornet and Bunny Boy call me Lottie, call me whichever, I don't complain.

I was born in Scotland but moved down here when I was 2 weeks old (i'm still trying to figure if that makes me Scottish or not?) I started playing cornet at the age of 9, and have played pretty much every instrument in a band- most of them not so successfully. These days I stick to Cornet, Flugel and horn.

I also play piano, drums, percussion..... on a good day, guitar and bass guitar. So as you'd probably guessed, I don't do much else other than music.

Music wise, I like rock and Indie stuff. Best band ever: Oasis!!! Other favourite bands are: Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Free, Iron Maiden, The Who, Wishbone Ash etc etc. I'll listen to pretty much anything though as long as it's half-decent.

I've just signed for Timperley play Rep there but end up sitting in various seats!Love playing with the band though! they're a top bunch! Wigan Youth and NYBBGB, whilst also depping here and there. My current teacher is Alex Thomas (Ex-YBS and British Open Solo Champ 2004), and my last teacher was Mark Wilkinson (Principal Cornet @ Fodens, registered as Wilky on here) I'm gonna do a drummergurl at this point and plug them both because they're both fab teachers and great blokes!

I'm in my last year at high school (thank god), then i hope to go to college and study, Music, Music Tech, Product Design and Physchology. Then go to uni and do music. At the end of all that I want to do perapetetic teaching- a career I can't even spell, Great!

So yup, I think that covers me just about.

Toodle-Pip

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006