Hey all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Craigsav83, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

A belated hello to you all. :tup

Im Craig, 22, from sunny(?) Scotland. :D

I have just relocated from Edinburgh to Manchester to start a degree in music at Salford in September. I am hugely grateful to The Mouthpiece and if it wasnt for me stumbling along the forum purely by accident, things would be very different!

I currently play with Coppull and Standish (I've been there all of two weeks!), my previous ensembles include Dunfermline Town, Dalmellington, The Royal British Legion Scotland (Central Band), Edinburgh Uni Wind Band and Edinburgh Philharmonic Orchestra. I am also founder and Musical Advisor to the newly formed Edinburgh University Brass Band, who will be having their premier concert in December.

Away from music, not that there is much time away from music (!) I enjoy cycling, walking, internet (no real surprise there) as well as badminton, bowls and chess (boring I know, but hey :tongue: )

Well... thats about all folks! :biggrin:
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

You're down here already & didn't think to tell me?? :(
  3. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Sorry Karen, just got ye olde internet connection up and running the other day there!
  4. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Small update, I have had a change of band, I'm now attempting front row (!) with Blackburn and Darwen Band.
  5. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

:clap: That's great news Craig!! You'll have to pop in for a brew on your way to/from rehearsal. :clap:
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

lol .. brew! *cough*Northerner*cough*
  7. skimbleshanks

skimbleshanks Member

Is that a second degree? what made you decide to start a music degree at Salford at the age of 22? (Not saying that there's owt wrong with that like, but just interested as to why the change/ or leaving it later than usual.)
  8. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Just a change of direction really, I have half a science degree, but was signed off for a time while I attended physiotherapy. By the time that was complete, I fancied something different. Better doing it now than regretting it later.