Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jimortality, Jul 17, 2007.

1. jimortality

jimortality Member

Anybody been watching this on the Sci Fi Channel? finished last night and it's coming to BBC 2 soon!! it's excellent in my opinion!
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Yes, i finished watching it the week before last, and started to watch it again the other night.
    a great show, a bit in the lost mold. i suppose you could class it as a mix of the fantastic 4 and lost.
    some great twists in it all the way up to the finish
  3. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

It's been my 11 o'clock watch for weeks. What will i do now after band and the boozer? Can anyone explain the Nikki/Jessica thing to me? I have to admit I'm not quite sure what was going on there!
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I watched the entire series over here in the States. It was absoulutely brillant (except for the final episode IMHO).

Nicki/Jessic...I think one is the real person, one is her dead sister that takes over her body and kicks some serious butt. The regular one has no recollection of what her dead sister does or summat (sorry I can't explain better, but I can't remember which is which).

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

It was a bit confusing at times, but anything which gives us 2 Ali Larter's is fine by me! ;)

Excellent series - was completely hooked - to anyone who hasn't seen it yet - I'd thoroughly recommend it - I think it starts an a week or so on BBC2.
  6. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

I was so hooked on it I even arranged for it to be recorded whilst I was away on Holiday.

But what a dreadful final episode????????????????????????
  7. jimortality

jimortality Member

I know loads of people that didn't like the final episode!! I thought it was good!! save the cheerleader! save the world! job done lol! it's left it open for the next series which apparently starts in the states in September!!!
  8. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

I was a little bit disappointed with the last episode, but it tied up the loose ends that needed to be tied, satisfied a need and has a nice cliff-hanger...

Is Nathan really.... ooh, better not spoil it for the people who haven't seen it.

I did want there to be a few more fireworks between Peter Petrelli and Sylar, that was a little bit of an odd ending too, cockroach?? EH!!!

I must say my favourite is either Peter or Hiro, I love the fact that he can fight like a Samurai warrior now, in one episode, brilliant time lapse....lol.

All in all, its a great show, they've started filming already and are aparently planning 30 episodes for chapter two rather than the usual season length of 24. Brilliant, I can't wait... woo-yeah! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
  9. six pints

six pints Active Member

I heart Heroes! And Hiro! Apparently theres a new episode of top gear straight before it starts on bbc 2.

My advice to anyone planning to watch it.... the first few episodes are a bit "americanised" (sorry if that offends anyone) but it gets better. stick with it. it rocks!
  10. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

I Love Heros Totally Brilliant Tv!!! Brilliant Ending And Can't Wait For The Next Series
  11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I'm also enjoying the series so far ... 4th episode on BBC3 at the moment. Good call folks! :clap:
  12. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

I'm watching it all oer again. Fab programme!
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'm watching episode 3 at the moment - taped it earlier on. It certainly seems better thought out than some offerings from across the Atlantic, and I'll definitely be sticking with it (at least until the BBC decides they can't afford it and it disappears from terrestrial TV, like 24 did :mad: )
  14. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Gottem all on dvd :D love it!!
  15. cookie2

cookie2 Member

It's a total departure from the sort of thing I normally watch, haven't been particularly bothered for sci-fi in the past, but I've watched the first 3 on BBC2 and thoroughly enjoyed them, so it would seem I really am on the turn ;)

One thing worries me though, and skimming through this thread (Being wary of spoilers) hasn't reassured me. I just have this feeling that it's going to be like Lost, where you wait for the answers in the final episode and end up going "Is that it? You can't finish there! Noooooooooooooo!" :mad:

Without giving too much away, am I right to be concerned?
  16. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

I watched the third episode on BBC2 last night - missed the opening double bill due to being in Canada last week! Any ideas if I can see the first two anywhere to catch up?
  17. six pints

six pints Active Member

No it has an actual ending with answers. Not *all* the answers, but not a completely lost style *eh?* ending. It's so awesome! I wish it was 2nd series time already!
  18. cookie2

cookie2 Member

Phew, good, thanks for that :)

Nearly threw things at the telly in a fit of impotent rage and frustration at the end of both series of Lost (or is it 3? I don't know) and I've already broken one telly this month so I didn't want to run the risk of doing another one!

(Not by chucking things at it I hasten to add, I'm not a complete nut job. I don't think.... ;) )
  19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Heroes - latest episode on BBC3 ... WOW! Very impressive! :clap: