Herbert L Clarke Solo album

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nickjones, Nov 8, 2005.

1. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

A few years ago at the Mineworkers Championships in Blackpool I saw a book of Herbert L Clarke Solos for cornet and Piano ( debutante , sounds of the hudson , twilight dreams , bride of the waves and a few others ) does anyone know if it is still available in print?
  2. MickM

MickM Member

I hope it is Nick, i lent mine to someone years ago, never to be seen again!! :frown:

Have you got all those poppys out of your bell end!!!!! :biggrin:
  3. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

I am trying to get hold of the book for my brother , I can't remember what trade stand it was on...If anyone can help where I can get hold of the book.
    as for the poppies ,any more and I would have been swamped!!will take weeks to get rid of them , got to go through the same thing this weekend..
  4. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

I Googled and got this:

Clarke, Herbert L. (1867-1945) The Best of Herbert L. Clarke , Warner Brothers Music
    This collection has 8 of his most familiar solos including Bride of the Waves, Carnival of Venice, Debutante , Sounds from the Hudson, From the Shores of the Mighty Pacific, Showers of Gold

Hope this might help?:p
    but might be completely useless?:frown: Cos I can't find anyone selling it!!
  5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

That great...it's more than I got on Ask Jeeves...he is usless nowadays..
    cheers will try Warner.
  6. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

Just found it on June Emerson - it says "permanently out of print" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  7. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

I have the Herbert L Clarke Solo Album Book 1 (The Debutante, Maid of the mist, The Southern Cross and The harp that once thro' Tara's Halls.) I remember getting it from June Emerson so it'll be a real shame if they are all out of print.
    They are all old solos and so perhaps there just isnt the demand for them. Might be worth contacting Warner Brothers publishers to find out more.
  8. tom thumb

tom thumb New Member

The Herbert Clarke Characteristic studies book has a few of the solos in that you mention - including Carnival of Venice etc (including a few studies at the beginning of the book). I bought a copy of it about a year or so ago from Phil Parker's music shop in London.
  9. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I have just been given a brand new edition of The Herbert L. Collection published by Carl Fischer

The solos are:

Apollo Polka
    An Autumn Day
    Birth of Dawn
    Bride of the Waves
    Carnival of Venice
    The Debutante
    From the Shores of the Mighty Pacific
    Funiculi, Funicula
    The Harp that Once thro' Tara's Halls
    Hebe Lullaby
    Lake of Bays
    The Maid of the Mist
    May Day
    Memory Sweet 'Midst Battles' Roar
    The Musketeer
    My Lady Dreams
    Side Partners (Duet)
    Sounds from the Hudson
    The Southern Cross
    Stars in a Velvety Sky
    Supremacy of Right
    Trixie Valse
    Twilight Dreams
    Venus Valse

Peter Frank from musikverlagfrank (the same guy who publishes Mnozil Brass music) gave me it in Switzerland a few weeks ago. He had more than one copy. Google musikverlagfrank and you can find him.