Hepworth (Cookson Homes) Band concerts

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Tony Tuba, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Tony Tuba

Tony Tuba Member

You are invited to join the Hepworth (Cookson Homes) Band as they perform in two prestigious concerts in March. The Band will be performing in the Best of Brass series at Morley Town Hall on Saturday 14th March at 7:30pm, and Sunday 22nd March, 3:00pm sees them perform for the first time, at The Hawth in Crawley.

Both programs promise to include something for everyone, from the peaceful ‘Sleep’ to the upbeat ‘Comedy Tonight’, and from original band works like Peter Graham’s ‘Shine as the Light’ to classic transcriptions such as the rousing overture ‘Carnaval Romain’.

The Morley audience are also in for an extra treat as Hepworth’s solo baritone player, the internationally renowned Carole Crompton, will be giving the world premiere of Tom Davoren’s new work, the wittily named ‘Baritonality’. Tom is the composer in residence at the Desford Colliery Band and is one of the rising stars in brass band composition. This new offering is sure to become firmly fixed in the repertoire for many years.

Tickets for the Morley concert are available from www.leedsconcertseason.com or by calling 0113 2243801, and Crawley tickets are available from the box office on 01293 553636, or by visiting https://tickets.hawth.co.uk

See you there!

2. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

Wish I could come and see you at The Hawth. I only live 15 minutes away... but 22nd March is Regionals so I'll be up at Stevenage. Hope it goes well. Come down to Sussex again!
  3. critic

critic Member

Hepworth cookson homes band at the hawth

A Programe that should please all tastes with music by Berlioz,Shostakovich, Downie,and many others as well as solo items.
  4. rikster

rikster New Member

When are they coming down here?
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Date? Time?
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Threads merged - date and time in first post ;)
  7. critic

critic Member

The band would like to thank the many people who aproached the band after the concert to say they had enjoyed the concert. Also for purchasing the CD,s that were on sale.